Thursday, Feb 17, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Starting weight: 88 kg / 194 lbs (January 13, 2005)
Current weight: 84 kg / 185 lbs
Target weight: 75 kg / 165 lbs

Getting there... :wink:

Down 1 lb this week for 26 lb total. Been too busy to overeat, sheesh. Take care, everyone. Let's be big losers next week. We have to keep sight of long-range goals.

Foo

Well, I have no friggin clue. I had the food week from hell, three rest days from exercise........Mexican food, fast food, M&Ms, whatever..... Was expecting to be over 240..... Down #2. I have had nearly perfect weeks with monster workouts and gained. God does have a sense of humor

week, weight, loss/gain, total loss since April 8, 04
1. 242
2. 239, 3, 35
3. 238.5, .5, 35.5
4. 241, +2.5, 33
5. 236, -5, 38
6. 238, +2, 36
7. 236, -2, 38

Had a bad week this week, up 1lb. Funny thing is I'm doing the same thing I've been doing for the last month, I must've hit a plateau. Next week I'm going to try doing a full week of very low calories to see if I can jump start the old metabolism.

I am going to post back on Thursdays, I miss this gang. Seems like Tues has dropped off. I need to keep up the support here.

I weighed in with a 1.0 lb loss, now since Jan. am down 6.5 lbs.. That puts, me two pounds away from last year in March. So I am back on track now and going to keep this trend moving.

I am happy with 1.0 loss a week, better than 1.0 gain a week!

Keep up the spirit all and hope to see less of you next time.

Queen:
Next week I'm going to try doing a full week of very low calories to see if I can jump start the old metabolism.

Hi Queen, I feel your pain. But, in my experience, it has been a mistake for me to cut to extremely low calories for a jump start. What seems to happen, instead, is that my body grows VERY resistant to losing weight. I think it must be in survival mode or something- nature resisting an unnatural event, (starvation), in order to survive. Then it is almost impossible to lose weight, or to eat normally without gaining. My body grows accustomed to the stringent diet and I just can't lose. It's a vicious circle. I've even noticed that the morning after I finally eat normally (after such a semi-fast), I will usually drop a pound or two. As if my body's saying "ahhhhhhhhh."

A better option would be to step up your exercise routine first. This will increase the metabolic rate more efficiently, so that your body will burn more calories in all tasks. Then you should at least be able to consume recommended levels of calories for your weight in order to stay healthy. This would be much better than dropping to the purported 400-600 calorie starvation diets that many women feel forced to resort to.

Good luck, it's so hard to stick with it when you're not seeing immediate results. Especially when you know that you're doing your best! But it's not worth wrecking your health over. Slow and steady, we've got to focus on long-term goals, gf. I wish you strength and smooth weight loss in the very near future.

Foo

I'm a bit late in posting this week, but with a +4lbs gain this week I wasn't in any hurry.

I think I need to change my signature as it isn't close to being accurate anymore. :redhot:

Back
Top Bottom