Wing leaks air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDolphin

Reaction score
I have a 36lb. Halcyon wing that has a small pinhole leak.

Anyone know how much it normally runs to fix a small leak in a wing?

Thanks

Thanks Jonnythan.

Is it difficult to do it? I am not sure about the wing construction, I'll have to take a closer look. Just got the wing.

Pioneer 36. It looks like it should be very easy. I can't find a way to get to the inner bladder, so it looks like I will need to repair it from the outside shell material. Wish I could force some of the sealant into the pinhole. It almost seems like using a syringe to inject the sealant into the leak area (try to stay inside the pinhole), would be a good way to repair it.

Likely I will have to just saturate a very small area in and around the pinhole. Not sure if there is a patch material I should use though.

Jesssssssious chrimeny...

Can you believe "NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA". I gotta move. This is going to piss me off for a day at least.

Looks like I'll have to become a criminal and smuggle it into the state. What a crock of shiznit.

By the way.... seriously, I am looking for property out of state. If anyone knows of any acreage, hit me up. AZ, NV, MT, CO, ID, UT, ..... just about anywhere else but here. Prefer waterfront :)

That's what I've got, I've patched a couple of holes in it.

There is no inner bladder. The thing is waterproof by virtue of the urethane "painted" on the interior of the nylon. It's not necessary to get the Aquaseal *inside*. Use the Cotol to clean the area, then apply about a 1" diameter thin coating of Aquaseal around the hole. Let it dry for a day, then apply a 1.5" diameter thin coating of Aquaseal over and around the previous coating. You'll be all set.

I'm assuming this is a pinhole.. if it's a rip or slash, it may require a little bit more work, but still doable.

Hah. You should be able to buy Aquaseal at your local dive shop or Sport Chalet or anywhere that sells outdoor gear and tents and that kinda thing.

BlueDolphin:
Jesssssssious chrimeny...

Can you believe "NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA". I gotta move. This is going to piss me off for a day at least.

Looks like I'll have to become a criminal and smuggle it into the state. What a crock of shiznit.
You can get Aquaseal at any diveshop.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom