OMS ™ Professional Dive Oxygen Analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone used the OMS ™ Professional Dive Oxygen Analyzer? We are thinking of buying one. Do not want to make an Oxygen Analyzer at this time. We are to going to Cozumel in about two months and will be diving with Nitrox. This is the Analyzer our LDS carries.

Thanks for the information!

AZ Divers

azsilver:
Has anyone used the OMS ™ Professional Dive Oxygen Analyzer? We are thinking of buying one. Do not want to make an Oxygen Analyzer at this time. We are to going to Cozumel in about two months and will be diving with Nitrox. This is the Analyzer our LDS carries.

AZ Divers

I have the OMS O2 Analyzer and have had no problems with it at all. I have used many others but this is the only one I have ever owned so some one else on the board might have some better input. It is very easy to use and I like the pelican case it comes with for traveling. One LDS which does a load of tech gas fills swears by it for all of the shops O2 analysis.

It is perfectly fine. Also, you can adjust your flow rate into the analyser so you can be assured of good results. Most analysers work the same way as this one, they are essentially reading voltage. Anyway.... mine has worked ok.

Is it just me, or is OMS's customer service severely lacking?

azsilver:

AZ Divers

I own one...but I use the DIN connection option....No problems

The only downside...its sensor replacement is Expensive!

Go check out http://oxycheq.com/sensors.html

Paul in VT

I have one and it works fine. I built a cheap flow meter to it with a piece of surgical tubing and a dive-rite flow-restrictor. I connect it up to my LP Hose and analyze right before I dive. Nice and quick. My LDS also uses one and I've never seen a problem with either of them.

Matt

The OMS analyzer is great - seems to have one of the better response & settling times out there, and the flowmeter that they bundle with it makes set-up easier and more accurate.

Someone mentioned that the Pelican case is a good feature: be aware that OMS sells the analyzer with and without the case! This is often the reason for the price difference between shops selling the analyzer. Just check the description first, or else you can buy your own case at a lot of locations. Got mine at Mountain Equipment Co-op for a lot cheaper than what OMS charges.

AtomicWalrus:
Someone mentioned that the Pelican case is a good feature: be aware that OMS sells the analyzer with and without the case! This is often the reason for the price difference between shops selling the analyzer. Just check the description first, or else you can buy your own case at a lot of locations. Got mine at Mountain Equipment Co-op for a lot cheaper than what OMS charges.

I got mine without the flowmeter and without the case. I got mine for a steal of a deal. I already have a decent sized pelican case that I carry my knives, computer, compass, and watch in. I just plucked out some more foam, and I added my makeshift flowrestrictor and analyzer to the case.

Matt

BigBoB:
Is it just me, or is OMS's customer service severely lacking?

What kind of Customer Service issues are/did you experience?

Why are they different from other vendors?

Can you shed some light on this as I am interested in this product and would like to know what issues you have had to deal with?

Thanks, AZ Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom