Mares M1 reset/firmware upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
2 questions at once here - I really like my M1 RGBM but would like to wipe last year's dives from it so I don't continue to download them and have to erase them from the current log book after every dive - anyone know how to do this?

Also is there a firmware upgrade that might be possible to this unit? I'm hoping they will add a feature to give the average depth? Even if they added it to the IRIS software it would be great- it would make calculating SAC a lot easier than my current meathod... export profile to excel, add the depths up and divide by the number of samples... works but cumbersome... any other ideas for doing this?

Tim

kidspot:
2 questions at once here - I really like my M1 RGBM but would like to wipe last year's dives from it so I don't continue to download them and have to erase them from the current log book after every dive - anyone know how to do this?

Also is there a firmware upgrade that might be possible to this unit? I'm hoping they will add a feature to give the average depth? Even if they added it to the IRIS software it would be great- it would make calculating SAC a lot easier than my current meathod... export profile to excel, add the depths up and divide by the number of samples... works but cumbersome... any other ideas for doing this?

Tim
Have you checked out the thread titled, The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note ?

I had checked it and done several searches in the past, just hoping something new had come up - but thanks for the reminder - I'd forgotten about it- I'll see if anything new has come up in that thread...

MODS if you want to delete this thread thats fine - I'll repost in the correct thread.

Thanks
Tim

kidspot:

Tim

Hi Tim:

I too have the mares MC1-rgbm with an IRIS IR interface. I have never found out how to erase the 50 dives in the MC1 memory and I have tried everything.

Regarding the average depth, I downloaded SCUBASE 3.2.2 which is a dive log software program. www.scubase.net It can read the Mares data base and it addes it to a nice presentation of a dive log book. It does calculate AVERAGE DEPTH and uses it to calculate your SAC. I have problem at the moment with my Mares MC1-rgbm talking to the IRIS. I get "RUN-TIME ERROR 6 "OVERFLOW" when I try to download. I have done all the standard trouble shooting but with no success. Have you ever had this problem ?

DI_Guy

Sorry DI_Guy - I've had trouble connecting, but that was solved by covering the unit. The problem I was having was caused by outside IR interference... Never had the ERROR 6 code ... are you using the most current version of I.R.I.S.? They've came out with a new version this year that "might" solve it...

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
Sorry DI_Guy - I've had trouble connecting, but that was solved by covering the unit. The problem I was having was caused by outside IR interference... Never had the ERROR 6 code ... are you using the most current version of I.R.I.S.? They've came out with a new version this year that "might" solve it...

Aloha, Tim

Hi Tim:

Yeah, I have the latest version V2.2.2. but something has happened. I am still investigating it. It could be related to a corrupted data base. Someone else told me that Windows XP and IRIS has a problem that was created with dates after APRIL 01 2005 and that Mares is working on it.. That falls in line with the timing of my problem.

I'll wait and see it that is problem. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Thanks for your comments.

DI_Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom