My Mate Marmite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leggeyuk

Reaction score
You either love it or you hate it. Put it on toast, i find the tastiest thing to do with it is to put a jar in some boiling water and pour it (lightly) on roast potatoes about 20 mins before they come out of the oven. Has anyone else got any weird and wonderful ways of using it.

Marmite, promite or vegemite on toast with avocado...I reckon they complement each other beautifully!

its is a minor preference, but the NZ vegimite comes in on top over british marmite which is twice the strength, and the Aussi Marmite which is a little too sweet.

food of the gods though

Although there are very few true absolute truths in life, one of them is that I will NEVER be ahead of any of you in the line to buy Marmite.

The only good use for it in the kitchen, as far as I have seen, is that it acts as a good tile mastic when the backsplash to my sink comes loose. :confused1

:sick: I will be the one standing behind Tom in the line to get some :wink: If you want something black and thick to spread on toast, use treacle, mmmm.

Back
Top Bottom