Amoxtec oxygen analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone used Amoxtec O2EII portable nitrox analyzer or Amoxtec Mini O2DII oxygen analyzer?

The Dive operation we are diving in Cozumel have Amoxtec Oxygen analyzer for our use.

Anyone know about these analyzers and how do they compare with other O2 Analyzers?

Thanks,

AZ Divers

Scubakevdm:
We use the O2EII. It's very handy. I like it. What do you want to know?

We are looking for a reliable, precise and accurate analyzer. How does Amoxtec O2EII compare to OMS ™ Professional Dive Oxygen Analyzer or oxycheq Analyzer or other 02 Analyzers?

The price on the website for the O2EII appears to be about the same price as we can get the OMS ™ Professional Dive Oxygen Analyzer with the flow rate, tubing and case at my LDS

Does the Amoxtec use flow rate as you analyze?

From the Amoxtec Website it appears their analyzers have a prorated 3 year sensor life warranty. This seems to be more than other manufactures have for their sensors.

Could you shed some light on these 02 analyzers for us?

Thanks, AZ Divers

azsilver:
[...] How does Amoxtec O2EII compare to OMS ™ Professional Dive Oxygen Analyzer or oxycheq Analyzer or other 02 Analyzers?

I personally own an O2EII, and the charter operator I dive with most has an Oxycheq Expedition. Another
shop I dive with has an OMS analyzer.

They're all fine analyzers. The Oxycheq unit seems to "settle in" on a reading faster, probably
due to the sensor (I believe it uses a Teledyne). The OMS analyzer doesn't have a built-in flow
restrictor like the Expedtion and the O2EII, and so is a bit more cumbersome to use.

I got the O2EII at DEMA for an attractive price. No regrets.

Patrick has just picked up and moved Oxycheq from CA to FL. I think he's shipping stuff from
the new location these days - best to call and ask. Oxycheq

Here's another satisfied O2EII customer.

A nice feature is the readout is on top. When you're on a boat, it makes it easy to read the results. Meters like the Oxycheq and the O2DII have the readout facing away from you unless you rotate the cylinder.

All the best, James

azsilver:
We are looking for a reliable, precise and accurate analyzer. How does Amoxtec O2EII compare to OMS ™ Professional Dive Oxygen Analyzer or oxycheq Analyzer or other 02 Analyzers?

The price on the website for the O2EII appears to be about the same price as we can get the OMS ™ Professional Dive Oxygen Analyzer with the flow rate, tubing and case at my LDS

Does the Amoxtec use flow rate as you analyze?

From the Amoxtec Website it appears their analyzers have a prorated 3 year sensor life warranty. This seems to be more than other manufactures have for their sensors.

Could you shed some light on these 02 analyzers for us?

Thanks, AZ Divers

I'm sorry, I have no experience with OMS analyzers. I do feel that the 02EII is a reliable, precise and accurate analyzer though. Well, precise in this case is 0.1% increments. The readings are repeatable, so I assume there is some degree of accuracy. I've never had a problem with ours. I've probably checked 2000 tanks with it. I guess that's pretty reliable. I don't know if it's the best, or how much better one analyzer can be than another, but like I said... I like it.

Love my O2EII. No flow meters, hoses, requirments for a reg to be attached, and so on. Plus its made to be used in a wet and not so gentile environment. Drop it, get it wet, and it still works.

Readings are accurate and when compared to other units that have good O2 sensors, they all tend to be within .5% of each other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom