Getting eaten my sharks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amadeus00

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If I was going to get eaten by sharks, I think it wouldn't be a bad way to die. It would hurt like hell but I would die doing something I love. What do you guys think?

One day not long after I started diving we were setting around at work and having one of theose weird discussions about what would be the best way to go out... you know... what would be the coolest way to die. I decided then that if I had to go, I wanted to be eaten by a shark... just my fins sticking out of his mouth... and the only way you would know it was me was because I had written my name on the bottom of my fins.

OK, now you all can think I'm weird too. My family does anyway :eek:ut:

Ty

I think you must be very young. I came close to a painful death once. Didn't care much for it. If fact, the worst part of the whole ordeal is realizing that I may still have to go through the whole process all over again! Contrary to popular belief, the landing is not worse than the fall! Most horrible few seconds of my life. The experience has made diving, or any other quasi risky activity, much more difficult to enjoy. The couch has become my favorite place. Here are words of wisdom. You are old when.... you no longer have any interest in any activity that requires either a medical form to be completed or a wavier form to be signed. So, to avoid being old I continue to dive, etc. Ermma Bombeck once said concerning child birth; "put me to sleep and wake me up when it is potty trained." I feel the same. Put me to sleep and wake me when I'm dead. I know... a wimps way out.

:eek:ut:

There is only one way to die right. In a deep comfortable sleep, anytime after the age of 100. With the comfort of knowing that your children & their children are healthy and will live far beyond you.

…………..Arduous…………..

If I were to go, I wanna be at ground zero for a Nucluear war! Watch them fireworks before i'm vaporized.

hehehe.. Sick I know! =)

Amadeus00

Hmmmm...I guess thats one way of looking at it - but to be honest - I'd rather not die right now !

Ask me again next week!!! :jester:

Amadeus, I know that you regard "REQUIEM" as one of your best and last works but don't take it too literally. The Requiem sharks are nothing to fool with. No need to be in a hurry, danger will find you in its own time. Meanwhile, travel, maybe join the armed forces, and always accumulate life's experiences including diving. If, like me, you are eventually bent, get nipped by sharks, stung by fire coral and jellyfish, battle a big fish, fend off a barracuda, stranded on a desert island, chased by the Mexican army, and harassed by the Cuban navy; if you survive more or less intact (as I have) there will be some stories to tell.

I know how I want to die, but I don't know if I can post it here!
Come on, there can't be a better way to go than that now can there? A certain Bruce Willis movie title comes to mind...

:wink:

Originally posted by amadeus00
If I was going to get eaten by sharks, I think it wouldn't be a bad way to die. It would hurt like hell but I would die doing something I love. What do you guys think?

I love a lot of things, but I wouldn't rank 'mauled by sharks' as one of those loves...

OHH!! Your implying you'd be diving at the time!

I've accepted the fact that diving is dangerous, and that if I screw up, I could end up dead. That much I'm cool with. However that's getting myself killed. Something or someone else getting me killed... Nahh... I'm definately not down with that.

Well, that's assuming that I wasn't playing "Pin the urchin on the Australian Guppy". In which case we fall back into the "getting myself killed" category!

Shot by a jealous husband who finds me with his wife and mother on my 94th birthday :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom