Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Southern Leyte (Sogod Bay) is fantastic, I was there in Aug '02 for a few days. There are not a lot of operators, only one year round operator that I know of, Peter's Dive Resort (www.whaleofadive.com). There is another shop run by a German couple I heard about, but I believe it is only open part of the year.

This is the best time of year to go (Jan-Jun) and there is a good chance you will see whale sharks this time of year. Unfortunately I was there at the wrong time of year when I went.

The diving is in Sogod Bay and around Limasawa Island (where Magellan landed). Reefs are in great shape as the provincial governor is pro-environment and one of her staff (Rio) has worked with Peter to set up marine reserve and educate the fishermen.

The best way to get there is fly to Cebu City, take an Oceanjet fast ferry (2 hours) to Hilongos and Peter can arrange to have you picked up. Then its about a 1 hour drive to Padre Burgos where the resort is.

Peter's is a laid back place, not anything fancy, but the food is good and the diving is great. Not much else to do but dive, eat and enjoy a San Mig or two.

I'm jealous, its on my list of places to go back to.

Cheers,
Drew

Jepoy:
I have not done diving in Leyte. Anyone have any good info. much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I have been to virtually all other dive areas over the last 13 years and have done over 1,000 dives in the archipelago, but missed Leyte.

I was in Leyte last Nov.
I agree with buddha's post, about Peter's.
The beds are HARD but diving is good.
There is no one else around, good food.
A real sleeper, relaxing, rustic, well run,
NO tourists, laid back, currents around the marine sanctuary can be tricky as in serious DOWN force. Vis 60-80 feet, healthy reefs.
I had a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom