Recovery Operation off Scituate Tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I heard that State Police divers are in the water tonight looking for a body after a fishing boat caught fire and sunk. It must be pretty harsh out there. It was cold all day and my buddy (a commerical fisherman) told me the wind was pretty strong as well.

Hi, massdiver. How cold is the water now anyway?

For the last few weeks, I've gotten pretty sick of skiing and can't wait to start the diving again. Just got back from Wachusset mountain. Damn moguls are so iced up, I did a somersault and landed on my back. Now I hear something squeaking there when I walk :06: .

I've been out injured for a few months now - but my guess is the water is in the upper 30s?

No, beginning of April is still ussualy in the high 30's, by the end of the month it starts to warm up.

Paul

Soggy:
It's also completely inaccurate for diving since it only supplies surface temperatures. The warmest I've ever seen it at 100 ft is about 52-54 degrees.

ditto - 52-54 at 100' is toasty, for most of the summer it's in the mid-40s at depth.

Soggy:
It's also completely inaccurate for diving since it only supplies surface temperatures. The warmest I've ever seen it at 100 ft is about 52-54 degrees.

I knew that.... but I wasn't thinking of it when responding. It does probably give a sense of when the temp starts to swing... yes?

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom