halycon bc leaK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flamebug818

Reaction score
Southern california all ways want a dive buddy
# of dives
50 - 99
hi i was testing my new haulcon bc and i discovered that it leaked slightly at the joint where it meets the bladder i looked at it and screwd the joint down more and it seemed to stop
does this happen and should i take it to my lds
cheers
flambug

I am not really DIR, so I can't be certain, but from what I have read, I don't think that a leaking BC would be considered DIR.

Your LDS should be able to help pressure test the BC. It would not be a bad idea to have a record of the "fact" that it had a leak. Even if they don't find a leak (because you fixed it) it provides some paper trail in case it ever becomes an issue later on. Just my thoughts.

W

Wristshot:
It would not be a bad idea to have a record of the "fact" that it had a leak. Even if they don't find a leak (because you fixed it) it provides some paper trail in case it ever becomes an issue later on. Just my thoughts.
My interpretation of Flamebug's post is that the corrugated hose connection (what would be the left shoulder pull dump on most BCDs) was simply loose. It doesn't sound at all like a defect, but just a normal bit of predive check or routine maintenance that needed to be done.

like they said no prob. But really if my Oxycheck BC had a leak would I post under the DIR forum? Can this be moved to the BC section since it has NOTHING to do W/ DIR???

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom