Tuesday Feb 22, 2005 check-in - new person

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derek S

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Starting weight: 233 lbs (that'll teach me to marry an Italian who loves to cook!
04.gif
)
Target weight: 185-200 lbs (I want to add more muscle, so it could fluxuate between those two "guides"
Target Date: July 1, 2005 (tentative)

I quit smoking 6 weeks ago today, now that I am certain I will be quitting for good, time to start dieting and exercising. I look foward to encouraging and getting encouraged from my fellow fitness challenge buddies! :14:

i'm 201.5# today, loss of only 0.5# from my last check-in 2 weeks ago. frustrating. guess i need to hit the salads...

welcome derek...

Every .5lb counts! Thanks Lamont. If you don't mind me asking, what is your target?

No salads here. My biggest problem is that I work 2 jobs that both have me sitting on my posterior more than I care to admit. I can't do much about job 1, but on job 2, I am able to get up and walk around, so I plan on using that to my advantage. I just wish the weather would cooperate. It's hard to get motivated when it is 20-30*F and raining/heavy wet snowing outside. :11:

BTW, I've found a secret: eat Subway. A 6" turkey sub on wheat loaded with veggies is under 300 calories, but seriously filling. Leave off the cheese and mayo, use vinegar instead. Very tasty :)

jonnythan:
I'm maintaining at 155. Good to see you here Derek :wink:

Nice...I have a hard time imagining myself at 200, let alone 185, but I'll get there.

Hey, have to get in shape to become a better diver, right? Hopefully once the weather relents we can finally go diving again. Who knows, I may even have a "provisional" by then. :wink: BTW, I started swimming, I have that test beat! :14:

Edit -

jonnythan:
BTW, I've found a secret: eat Subway. A 6" turkey sub on wheat loaded with veggies is under 300 calories, but seriously filling. Leave off the cheese and mayo, use vinegar instead. Very tasty :)

Sounds like a great idea. I can't do cheese and mayo anyway (lactose intolerant), so that solves that! :D

With my shoulder improving so rapidly, I'll be back in the water in no time. You've gotta show me those lakes you keep diving out there :wink:

jonnythan:
With my shoulder improving so rapidly, I'll be back in the water in no time. You've gotta show me those lakes you keep diving out there :wink:

How'd you hurt it, skiing?

Lakes? It's one lake with the VIZ of glass of Ovaltine. :D

BT is BT though.

Derek S:
Every .5lb counts! Thanks Lamont. If you don't mind me asking, what is your target?

my target is 170-180#, or actually 11-17% bodyfat. i hit 190# last year, so i'm trying to do better than that...

Back
Top Bottom