To Suunto Vytec Users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
[font=바탕]Ok, here is my second question about Suunto Vytec. From the previous post, I found that Vytec and D9 use the same transmitter. If then, have the Vytec users ever tried to use two transmitters for each independent tank in one dive? That is, have you ever switched the mode from one transmitter to the other transmitter under the water? I know New Smart Tec has this feature, but I am wondering if anybody tries to do.[/font]

[font=바탕]Thanks in advance,[/font]

Once you start your dive, you can't access any of the dive options on the Vytec. So, you're locked into whichever transmitter you started with.

hoosier:
[font=바탕]Ok, here is my second question about Suunto Vytec. From the previous post, I found that Vytec and D9 use the same transmitter. If then, have the Vytec users ever tried to use two transmitters for each independent tank in one dive? That is, have you ever switched the mode from one transmitter to the other transmitter under the water? I know New Smart Tec has this feature, but I am wondering if anybody tries to do.[/font]

[font=바탕]Thanks in advance,[/font]

Oh~ I see, so it doesn't matter how many transmitters I have. It won't work with one main unit. Thanks!

Unfortunately, only the UWATEC Smart TEC and Oceanic Atom can switch to another transmitter during a dive.

Vie:
Unfortunately, only the UWATEC Smart TEC and Oceanic Atom can switch to another transmitter during a dive.
isn't this also a feature of the Suunto D9 being discussed? Thought it was (but not sure). I use a Vytec.

Vie, I just realized that fact after having D9. You know, it is a sham on D9 in that price.

Vie:

hoosier:
You know, it is a sham on D9 in that price.​

They probably made the case out of titanium so they can charge more—just like my old Apple PowerBook G4. The D9 still seems like a very decent computer though.

abowie:
Layang Layang?

You'll love it!

I’m praying for Hammerheads but will be happy to see just one. Orcas have also been seen around Layang Layang but those guys are probably too much to hope for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom