oceanic data trans plus is "too high"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmalinowski

Contributor
Reaction score
All,
I used my DT+ about three weeks ago without incedent. I went to turn it on when I was going diving on Monday and it read "too high". Now, I was only about 5' above sea level, so I was not too high (no pot in my bloodstream either).

I changed batteries: nothing.
I dove with it off as it had my compass on it and I needed that: nothing.
I took out battery and let sit over night: nothing.
I shook a dead chicken over it: nothing.
I sent oceanic an email: nothing.

I can't even get to the menus as it turns itself off immediately after the "too high" message.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks in advance.

I hope you can get this fixed try sending it to Oceanic. I have the same Computer and it has given me many problems. But not this one!

Amazingly, I have sent them two emails and have gotten zilch response from them. I think oceanic is starting to go down hill unfortunately. I thought that in years past they were very service-oriented. Now it looks like they just don't care like they used to. That's one of the early signs of a company having problems if you ask me.

I could be wrong, and certainly hope that I am...

Well, good news... There is a new sheriff in town. Oceanic has a new president... a good friend of mine - Dan. Dan is flying in to see me on Monday to get me set up with Oceanic gear... so if it is under warranty, I can assure you they will take care of you. You did buy it from an authorized dealer and registered it... right??

And I'm kinda' amazed the dead chicken thing didn't work. Always has for me.

I am sure that this thing is long out of warranty, unless they have a lifetime warranty. But, I did get a return note from then indicating that it needed to be calibrated. The price to do so, and update the transmitter, was incredibly reasonable. So, I'm going to have it done... unless they can convince me that I can trade in the DT+ and upgrade to the VTPro for decent price... then I'll do that.

I was glad that they responded and what they suggested was very reasonable. Maybe my faith in them is easily restored... I'm so easily swayed :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom