CAD increases charter price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eab

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Looks like Cape Ann Divers has increased their charter price from $60 to $70 for the half day, two tank trips.

Anyone use a different boat operator, and how do they compare in terms of general operations, dafety, service, cost, dive sites, and so on?

Thanks.

Diver Services will not be raising our prices from the 2004 level. The cost for a two tank dive (approx. 5 hrs.) is $60.00. If we can be of any more help please contact us at bostondivers@aol.com
Capt. Pat Breen

This is such a bummer. My favorite charter service north of Boston is getting their rates almost out of my reach.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that they did only what they had to as a result of increases in fuel charges.

PeaceDog:
I'm going to go ahead and assume that they did only what they had to as a result of increases in fuel charges.

That, plus a season of less than filled to capacity charters is my guess.

Not sure about the prices for this year but Fran Marcoux is absolute best. I have been a few dive boats and have never been treated so nicely or had a better captain/crew. You need to be quick on his boat or he'll do everything for you :wink: He does 6 divers max and goes to all the same day places that CAD does. His boat is docked at Cape Ann Marina. I personally have never been too impressed with CAD. I got the feeling they were doing us a favor by taking us. Maybe I was just spoiled by Fran.

decapoddiver:
Not sure about the prices for this year but Fran Marcoux is absolute best.
I have heard that from others as well, so I'll make it a point to try him out this coming season. I have been reluctant since I know he does some extended range dives, and I figured he wouldn't be all that exciting about heading to a place like Braces Cove or Kettle Island. I suppose I should let him make that decision, rather than assuming he'll say no. Right?

Thanks!

I'll second Fran as being my favorite captain on the north shore. After diving on his boat the Daybreaker, I really haven't found much use for the CAD charters. I've done everything from the Polling to the Crane Wreck with Fran, and have never been anything but overwhelmed by the high quality of his whole operation.

Frankly, I'm not at all bothered by the CAD cattleboat cost increase. I'm sure they'll get their money, but not from me.

On the south shore, I'll go with Pat Breen. I had a blast going out with him, and I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing his boat is back in the water. It's not the biggest, but it's a lot of fun.

I've never used Fran...but it looks like i will try him out this year. I also highly reccomend Pat Breen on the south shore. Like Matt said..it's not the biggest boat, but he's got everything you need and is very professional.

is Fran's boat the one on the other side of the Marina from the CAD boat? Open-backed, smaller one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom