Airfare to Roatan???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Time to tap into the minds of the greatest divers in the world!!!

I need to know what is the best ways to get to roatan from Pittsburgh Pa

Best airlines to go with?

Anyone know of any best practices to get there?

NightRaven77 :azvatar:

If Continental flies out of Pittsburg, you can fly into Houston then onto Roatan with the same airline. Try to get the non-stop Houston to Roatan leg so you don't have to fly into San Pedro Sula and get the puddle jumper over to Roatan. I beleive the non-stop flights are only on Saturday - Saturday.

TACA also has non-stop Sat. Sat. Houston to Roatan flights. They also have a Sunday - Sunday non-stop out of Miami. You'd just have to get from home to either Houston or Miami.

I agree with Dee about getting a direct flight to Roatan. It greatly reduces the chances of "misplacing" your bags. I have made numerous trips to Roatan without any problems, but I ALWAYS go direct. TACA and Continental both only go non-stop on Saturdays from Houston. Continental departs earlier and returns later than TACA, which could be more difficult for you, since you are coming from somewhere else and need to change planes. Either airline will take the bags directly from the other flight. I have not done this, but several people I know have done so with no problems. It eliminates the necessity of dragging all of you gear accross the airport, usually from one terminal to another. You can check at the desk to enure that your bags made the transfer. TACA also goes non-stop on Sunday from Miami. I do not know if Continental does as well. I have found that the price can vary greatly during the year and that it is almost always cheaper to buy through a travel agent. I have had good luck with Roatan Charter and once with Tico Travel in Florida. Keep in mind that there is several levels of ticket prices available for most flights. Often the cheaper seats go first - that should not come as a surprise, so it is good to get tickets early. Hope this helps, enjoy your trip. DSAO

Back
Top Bottom