Anyone who's used Scubatoys - Genesis React Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Being technologically inept, I've come to terms with this along time ago.. But I finally decided to purchase a inline computer (the way the winds are blowing nowadays) and decided to go with a Genesis "React Pro" Inline Console, but being the cheap guy I am, I found a Air/Nitrox Genesis "React Pro" Inline Console w/ compass at Leisurepro for $289.95 and Scubatoys has them for $348.95. But I know Scubatoys has their "If you find a better price anywhere - we'll meet it or beat it". I would rather buy it from Scubatoys since Larry interacts with us on the board, I don't want to call and say "Hey give me the same deal". Does anyone who has bought from Scubatoys know what the process is?

LARRY if your out there help! :15a:

He's a real nice guy and doesn't mind if you just say "Hey! Heard good things about you on Scubaboard and was wondering if I could get a price match on XXX item." No problem. Don't be shy about it. He will then likely look online at LP and maybe even ebay and then tell you what he can do for you. Good luck and have fun with your new gear! :wink:

I also suggest looking at the Atmos two as well if you haven't already done so.

I recently made a purchase from scubatoys under similar circumstances, and I just mentioned having found a lower price (and the url of the site where I found it) in the comment section when I placed the order. When I received it, the invoice was for the lower price.

Call and say ""Hey give me the same deal"

They're nice guys, I promise. Having worked in a retail store that also does price matching, I always understood when someone said "I want this deal, but I want to buy it here." They will appreciate the fact that you're preferring to go to them over the competition, especially since they know that you're going out of your way to go there.

Yea guys... Keep in mind a lot of our pricing has to be at a certain price point due to dealer agreements - but if you call me up, I can always try to work you a deal. But try to do it as a call instead of notes in the note section. Problem is, we have some affiliate programs, and if the order comes through one of them, they get your discount instead of you.... Make sense?

scubadobadoo:
He's a real nice guy and doesn't mind if you just say "Hey! Heard good things about you on Scubaboard and was wondering if I could get a price match on XXX item." No problem. Don't be shy about it. He will then likely look online at LP and maybe even ebay and then tell you what he can do for you. Good luck and have fun with your new gear! :wink:

I also suggest looking at the Atmos two as well if you haven't already done so.

Scubadobadoo,
Nice going, I had my mind all made up and now you had to throw the Atmos in the mix, :hmmm: I don't know if I want the React Pro now. :D

I'll umpteenth the suggestion to go with Larry. I just bought a TransPac II from him and I'm quite happy with the process. I was in the same boat, wanted to buy from him but found it cheaper elsewhere. He couldn't meet exactly on the TransPac but made up for it on some other things I needed. Overall I came up cheaper, bought from a reputable dealer, and helped out a fellow Scubaboarder!

I bought two react pros from Larry and he hooked us up really well. We had a problem with one of them and Larry took care of it right off with no problems and got us a new one in the mail as soon as possible. No questions asked.

Just call them up.

On the React Pro. I thought it was great. The one that worked anyway. It was very easy to read and understand, and with Nitrox capabilities, it was a great computer to get us started and then move up when we are aready.

Scubatoys.com rocks!!!!

Mrs.Prages:
I bought two react pros from Larry and he hooked us up really well. We had a problem with one of them and Larry took care of it right off with no problems and got us a new one in the mail as soon as possible. No questions asked.

Just call them up.

On the React Pro. I thought it was great. The one that worked anyway. It was very easy to read and understand, and with Nitrox capabilities, it was a great computer to get us started and then move up when we are aready.

Scubatoys.com rocks!!!!

That's why I picked the React Pro too, the Nitrox capabilities looks like a good one to start out with and then move up.

I'm recently certified, and just made a large gear purchase from ScubaToys (including an Aeris Atmos 2 console with pressure gauge, compass, quick-disconnect and small knife on the back).

I am very satisfied with everything that I purchased. Great gear, prices and service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom