Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedude

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask what wreck in Ontario "you" think is the best.
Where is it?
Why do you think it's the best?
Mine is the G.A. Marsh in Kingston "Of Course:) "
I love the history of it and I love the bowspit and chains, coming at her bow first you can see her sleek lines and dream of her dancing across the waves in 1890.
I should have a poll but the list is to long

too many wrecks and not enough divers have dove many of them because of how big ontario is.
I am yet to see the best.:)

I agree DiveDude - the Marsh is sweet, even after the not so nice divers have done some of the striping of artefacts of her.

I have great fondness for the Rothsay - not because she's a great wreck. But she was my first, and I still remember swiming out to her and seeing those side-paddlewheels for the first time.

I also like the Lillie for the great condition and the real nice drift dive that you can do with her.

and then... well what can I say, they're all great to visit, and visit, and visit again.

I only have a few Ontario dives but of those my best was the Forest City in Tobermory. Big wreck, perfect preservation, lying on a steep slope so she can be dove quite shallow or down to 150'. The Arabia is very famous but I liked Forest City much better.

Tom

Originally posted by Rooster1
too many wrecks and not enough divers have dove many of them because of how big ontario is.
I am yet to see the best.:)

I wasn't trying to be bias I was looking for good wrecks that I haven't dove yet that are close enough for me to get to
:)

My fav is whatever wreck I'm on at the time!

(ask me at the end of this season - got lots of dives planned!)

Originally posted by DivingGal
I agree DiveDude - the Marsh is sweet, even after the not so nice divers have done some of the striping of artefacts of her.

I have great fondness for the Rothsay - not because she's a great wreck. But she was my first, and I still remember swiming out to her and seeing those side-paddlewheels for the first time.

I also like the Lillie for the great condition and the real nice drift dive that you can do with her.

and then... well what can I say, they're all great to visit, and visit, and visit again.

The Rothsay was also my first and my son's first.................But DiverDude I hav eto agree with you the Marsh is a wonderful dive..................can't wait to dive it on nitrox this summer.....explore it a lot longer and also the Davie

Originally posted by divedude

I wasn't trying to be bias I was looking for good wrecks that I haven't dove yet that are close enough for me to get to
:)

Sorry divedude, I didn't mean you alone were going to be bias I a meant it in a joking manner that all of us divers from Ontario were going to be a little bit bias because ontario is so big, most of us will favor the closest wrecks to us.:eek:ut:

Originally posted by Rooster1

Sorry divedude, I didn't mean you alone were going to be bias I a meant it in a joking manner that all of us divers from Ontario were going to be a little bit bias because ontario is so big, most of us will favor the closest wrecks to us.:eek:ut:
No Problem Buddy:D
I know a lot of wrecks in Ontario but...... you never know when a good one will be found that I haven't dove yet :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom