Safety sausage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bketchel

Reaction score
What is recommended method to store safety sausage with FredT backplate? If the aswer is MC storage pak, is there a way to make this w/o selling my children on the black market to raise the funds? Seems like a homemade solution would work, but a forum search turned up zilch. Thanks.

Bill

edit:
OPPS!! Sorry, just noticed this is the DIR forum. Ignore the comments below. Other DIR'ers will give you correct advice.
bketchel:
What is recommended method to store safety sausage with FredT backplate? If the aswer is MC storage pak, is there a way to make this w/o selling my children on the black market to raise the funds? Seems like a homemade solution would work, but a forum search turned up zilch. Thanks.

Bill
OK, I don't know the "recommended" method, but here is what I did. I put two loops of surgical tubing (could use bungee) in the two holes at the bottom of the Fred T BP, then stretched them around the sausage. The sausage fits snugly right at my butt, won't come loose, but can be removed quickly just by reaching around and pulling it out. Putting it back with the rig on is difficult, but once it's out it will probably stay that way.

BTW, I also keep some cave line marked at 5', 10' & 15', and a dbl-ender rolled up in there as well.

bketchel:

Bill

AFAIK the two DIR methods are:
- in your storage pack (what is so expensive about that compared to the rest of your DIR setup?)
- in your left pocket

Reinoud:
AFAIK the two DIR methods are:
- in your storage pack (what is so expensive about that compared to the rest of your DIR setup?)
- in your left pocket

Right pocket actually.
For reference see this link:
http://www.5thd-x.com/index2.html

Click on "learning center" then click on "accessories".

I keep mine in my right pocket. Stays out of the way there, and then there is still plenty of room for the rest of the junk in the left pocket. The dual bellows are really nice to have.

Reinoud:
if you have a bellows pocket on the right side...

...which you should have now.

I use the same method Rick Inman recommended. I use two pieces of bungee through the two bottom holes. Can be deployed with the left or right hand. It's never in the way and after hundreds of dives it has never come out. Cost was zero since I had about a foot of bungee in my shop. Twenty minutes to sew the ends together. Whether I'm diving singles or doubles it goes in the same place everytime.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom