Cheap watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mordred

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I need some form of bottom timer. I had the opportunity to dive with my instructors dive computer but I just don't have that kind of cash right now.

I just need something that can accurately give me an indication of max depth and bottom time. "Cheap" isn't the right word I suppose, I need something sturdy but basic.

By the way, I live in South Africa, so any recommendations from fellow divers here would be great, there are great products in the US / UK but they are not always available here.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Check these out: click

Swatch scuba watches, maybe a bit gimmicky but they should be available at Edgars or a smilar store. Not sure of cost though.

What sort of budget are you lookin at? You can pick up a Suunto Mosquito for around 3K if you look around.

scubaculture:
What sort of budget are you lookin at? You can pick up a Suunto Mosquito for around 3K if you look around.

Thanks.

I'm looking at around 2K, I saw the Suunto Mosquito at a dive shop the other day. Is it any good?

Initially I thought I'd get a dive watch like the more expensive Casio dive watches but for those prices you might as well try and get a dive computer.

scubaculture:
The Mosquito is great, I use one and I am more than happy.

I'll definitely check it out.

Just for interests sake, does the Mosquito use the Buhlman tables? CMAS uses the Buhlman tables, so I do my manual planning with the tables. Obviously the computer is more accurate because it allows for a multi-level dive and does not assume a square dive profile like the tables do - but do I still stick to what the tables say when doing a dive with a computer like this?

Thanks for your help.

It uses the Suunto RGBM model, so yeah stick to the computer but always keep your tables as a backup.

If you prefer you can just use the Mosquito as a bottom timer and depth meter and plan your dive using your tables.

Side note:
Suunto Mosquito
Was R3901.00
Now R2735.00

scubaculture:
It uses the Suunto RGBM model, so yeah stick to the computer but always keep your tables as a backup.

If you prefer you can just use the Mosquito as a bottom timer and depth meter and plan your dive using your tables.

Side note:
Suunto Mosquito
Was R3901.00
Now R2735.00
Thats a fantastic price - where did you see it?

I've got connections...

Heh no that is at 3d dive in Rivonia. Let me check with a few people, I might be able to get a better price

scubaculture:
I've got connections...

Heh no that is at 3d dive in Rivonia. Let me check with a few people, I might be able to get a better price

Great, then I buy you a case of beer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom