Kona Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabear

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone done a Kona Agressor trip??

Looking for feedback good/ bad. We dive Cayman, Bonaire & Coz. during the summer months, using a skin and 3/2 mil. What time of the year would h2o temps. and conditions be similar off Kona?

Thanks

Scubabear,

Me and my wife went there last year at the end of March. Wonderful crew, nice boat, and excellent diving. It is one of the cheaper Aggressors (our first) and I think absolutely it was worth the money. End of March was a little cold - I recommend >5mm w hood. In fact I would like to go with them again. Perhaps next year?

Well I can tell you that the KA is a good boat buuuut!
If you want a really good dive exp go with EcoAdventures in kona.
I dove with mMick and he showed me how to see critters nd how to be one with the ocean. He calls it the essence of diving. I have been diving for mant years but this guy is something else..
The KA in Kona is not as grand as diving with this guy.
Julie

We dove the Kona Aggressor last Feb, by the 4th or 5th dive I was putting the 3mm shorty over my 3mm full. I would suggest the same set up or a 5mm with a hood or beanie for the winter months. We had a great time on the Kona Aggressor and can strongly recommend it. Don't know many shore ops you can get 5 dives a day in with.

Hate to be negative - but - avoid the Kona Aggressor. We were dissapointed beyond words this last August.

Suffice to say that all the crewmembers who were cheerful, talented, knowledgable, and safety conscious, have all quit or been fired.

If you've been on any of the other Aggressors, there is a huge gulf between the KA2 and, say, the Cayman Aggressor.

All the best, James

<spews coke over screen>

All the best, James

24.gif

Back
Top Bottom