South African Spearfishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the "Underwater Hunting" forums, any questions relating to subject diving off SA need to address if one is hunting or being hunted.

I was there hunting two years ago in the Northern Province, ehh excuse me, Limpopo Province. Too bad i didn't get to do any diving or underwater hunting while I was there. I have heard that there are some good areas to on the Cape. Let me know if you need a partner to go with, i'll jump back on the plane and head over there. I think it would be fun to live there for a while.

we have quite a few SA Spearos on www.deeperblue.net

if I remember correctly all spearfishing there is freedive only, somthing to take into consideration.

Amphibious:
we have quite a few SA Spearos on www.deeperblue.net

if I remember correctly all spearfishing there is freedive only, somthing to take into consideration.
Freedive only?? Good god I thought the reforms there would have gone further than this :eyebrow: Or is it,the bubbles scare the fish away and the sharks scare the scuba divers away :11ztongue

Thanks, guys. Just looking into getting started and wanted to have an idea of what I was getting myself into...

Thanks for the link, Amphibious!

give a member "Miles" a shout. guy spearfishes all the time and has balls the size of melons. would be a good one to learn from :D

Say high to my buddy Whitie when you see him down there........he sometimes have an attitude problem, be careful. Ek sal maar versigtig wees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom