Lobstering with Dry Glove Rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with using a dry glove ring system and lobster hunting? I'm considering a drysuit with an installed ring system (which would allow me to use dry gloves for some dives and swap in wrist seals for lobstering with "wet" gloves). Just wondering whether the rings would really get in the way of reaching into a lobster hole...

Seems to me that DUI's zip seals might be a good compromise, albeit one that will cost a grand more (compared to a bare suit with rings).

Thanks in advance!

What about the bare ring system that snaps on over the suit? I seems like it would be an ideal comprimise since you would be able to remove them when you are looking for lobsters.

ClassAction:
Anyone have any experience with using a dry glove ring system and lobster hunting? I'm considering a drysuit with an installed ring system (which would allow me to use dry gloves for some dives and swap in wrist seals for lobstering with "wet" gloves). Just wondering whether the rings would really get in the way of reaching into a lobster hole...

Seems to me that DUI's zip seals might be a good compromise, albeit one that will cost a grand more (compared to a bare suit with rings).

Thanks in advance!

I just added DC dry gloves to my suit. I pretty much never reach into a hole, I coax them out a bit then grab them. My suit is neoprene so I am not likely to have my wrist seal return to the normal size where I could use wet gloves again. I opted for the rings without a latex seal. I did not want to have to deal with carrying a small hose/spaced to allow air passage between glove and suit. I was thinking about wearing a yard work type glove over my capture hand (right) to prevent glove puncture. I may find too little mobility but it will be interesting to see how this works out.

--Matt

So I dug this thread up because I have the same concerns. I want to lobster with Dry glove rings. I reach into places where we dive. I have neoprene seals. I would like to swap back and forth between wet/dry - WHAT did you guys do to solve it? I thought about an overglove/gauntlet as well. Did that work?

J

ClassAction:

Oops, forgive my oversight! I just realized this thread is old. Sorry, I don't have anything to offer to the recent poster, since my SI TECH system is for latex seals.

Dave C

have a design concepts (dead cat) crushed neoprene dry suit with dry glove rings. being a welder by trade, and as I do go in after them, I switched to latex wrist seals and my big leather welding gloves with the large wrist gauntlet that covers the ring and I don't have to worry about hurting the suit. As for the lobster's tail, I am now bulletproof.

Back
Top Bottom