Need info on Giglio,Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnb2b1

Registered
Reaction score
We are going to Giglio end on May first part of June; I don't know any think about the diving there :dazzler1: and I am having problems getting a place to stay. Any info would be good? Is the diving nice and what kind, Wreck, deep, shalow, reef, lots of fish or big animals. I also need a good dive operator.

Thanks JB

what I can tell you for sure is in the 1st part of June italians don't have holidays (normally august) so for a whole week you can find but for week-end only it'll be difficoult.

ciao, Marco

mad:
what I can tell you for sure is in the 1st part of June italians don't have holidays (normally august) so for a whole week you can find but for week-end only it'll be difficoult.

ciao, Marco

Thanks for the info! I have not dived in the Med yet, only in Atlantic, Pacific and Caribbean. What is the Diving like, any big stuff or mostly small fish? I am going to Alba ,Venice,siena and then to Giglio before I head to Rome. Thought it would be a nice relaxing place, I import wine and will be spending a lot of time at vineyards.

Thanks again

JB

mad:

ciao, Marco
Also I am only bringing my regulator and mask, so I will have to rent the rest of my gear. How cold will the water be that time of the year,I was thinking about a 5mil would be OK.

water is in june about 14° C at -30 and about 22°C in the surface. So I suggest you semi-dry. Renting that could not be easy, normally only wet ones (I use wet also in June).

Fish: only rare small ones. This is Mediterranean...

I'd enjoy wrecks if you like...
ciao, Marco

mad:
water is in june about 14° C at -30 and about 22°C in the surface. So I suggest you semi-dry. Renting that could not be easy, normally only wet ones (I use wet also in June).

Fish: only rare small ones. This is Mediterranean...

I'd enjoy wrecks if you like...
ciao, Marco

Thanks for the Info,I take it I am not going to see alot of fish,What about the under water landscape? I have heard about the red coral.

Back
Top Bottom