23 lb Lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't whine about your poor bug seasons and then say you wish you could catch bugs like that. The big ones are exponentially better breeders. That one could produce more than about twenty 2 lb'ers.

BTW...Don't let me ever see a diver with a big one either :whack:

MSilvia:
I'm glad it's going to a zoo, but you can always find a bigger pot Jack!

Matt,

I was referrring to a trap. Can something that size get into a standard trap?

(I have a homebrewing pot that could hold him and a few friends for a nice hot tub experience.)

decapoddiver:
Don't whine about your poor bug seasons and then say you wish you could catch bugs like that. The big ones are exponentially better breeders. That one could produce more than about twenty 2 lb'ers.

BTW...Don't let me ever see a diver with a big one either :whack:

Dec,

I play by the rules and expect everyone I dive with (or near) to do the same. I've held some monsters in my hand, just wish I could take one home once in a while.

You make a good point, though. And with the shell disease rampant south of the cape, it makes you wonder why the industry isn't calling for upper limits to protect the larger breeders.

ps I had a good season last year. Not piggish, just good. Between the three of us regular boat diving buddies, we never went home empty handed.

Oh... I don't know if it would fit in a trap or not. I don't have much experience with them. I totally agree with you Dec... I'd rather see it in a zoo than on a plate, but unless it's going to be part of some kind of aquaculture program, I'd rather see it in the breeding population than in a zoo.

Probably was taking a nap "on" the pot!!

>> I think we all agree, it's all cute to have it in a museum tank but we'd all prefer it in the wild breeding

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom