Nikon Coolpix 5000 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aeolus

Reaction score
According to the instruction book, yes everything else had failed <hee - hee>, the macro setting can go as close as 3/4". What I would like to know is what is the maximum distance using the macro setting? I have not been able to find this out anywhere, as yet. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am not familiar with the CP5000 except for the fact that it is a capable u/w camera. I used to shoot an Oly 5050 where macro was 8" - 31" and super-macro was 1.2" - 8".

My suggestion would be to shoot it topside at something small and keep backing off. You will find its limitation pretty quick.

you had to be desparate to read the manual :).

Dave

I shot a cp5000 for 1 1/2 years.....for uw use, I took every shot in Macro mode.....never took it off

Karl

I appreciate the response Karl. That is exactly the type of info I was looking for. I did finally find one source from Nikon that stated it was from 3/4" to infinity, but I can not belive that is true. Why would there be anything else?

Aeolus:
I appreciate the response Karl. That is exactly the type of info I was looking for. I did finally find one source from Nikon that stated it was from 3/4" to infinity, but I can not belive that is true. Why would there be anything else?

It might affect the aperture or shutter speed (as it relates to DOF) that the camera picks in auto mode?....just a guess, but I've wondered the same thing

Karl

Aeolus:

It might affect the aperture or shutter speed (as it relates to DOF) that the camera picks in auto mode?....just a guess, but I've wondered the same thing

Check out my webpage for cp5000 pics

Karl

Back
Top Bottom