Cost of GUE classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gerardnealon

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know how much the classes are that GUE hosts? In particular DIR-F, but I would also be curious how much tech1 and rebreather1 costs also. I know GUE is very popular here at SB, but is it world renoun like PADI, SSI, TDI.... etc? I just want to know if their certifications would be recognized by charter boats in case i have to show upper lever training. Thanks for any info.

go to www.fifthD.com you should be able to find some links there about prices, but they may vary a bit. DOnt think youll have a prob w/ the certs.

A few hundred bucks, plus a share of the costs associated with getting the instructors to you if necessary.

In my limited experience, you can't count on anyone recognising a GUE cert but GUE. Of course, that's not really why you'd want to take the course.

If you have an AOW cert from a "recognized" agency, you shouldn't have trouble with boats. That is, unless you're trying to get on a technical charter, in which case you should just show them an appropriate certification or other proof of experience.

DIR-F card is not recognized by anyone but GUE for anything. It wonl't get you gas, it wonl't get you on a boat. The only purpose of the card is to take GUE Cave 1, Rec Triox or Tech1.

Thats not to say there is no value in the class - just the card. The class is worth every cent and then some.

Can't speek to the GUE tech cards getting gas or access, but I haven't been anywhere that would turn them down.

but if someone handed me on I don't think I'd turn them down for a fill. Just because they aren't recognized by the industry doesn't mean a particular shop wouldn't recognize them. I'm not dirf eligible but I'd certainly recognize anyones card that had gone through the course.

A few years ago there was less recognition of GUE certifications (or resistance to them). But that has eased off now, and I think more people/shops accept them just as they do the other agencies. I have never had any difficulties, other than the occasional (but friendly) ribbing I might get.

As for course costs, it depends on the instructor(s) and logistics, but I think most Fundamentals classes are running in the $300 to $350 range average.

JimC:
DIR-F card is not recognized by anyone but GUE for anything. It wonl't get you gas, it wonl't get you on a boat. The only purpose of the card is to take GUE Cave 1, Rec Triox or Tech1.

Thats not to say there is no value in the class - just the card. The class is worth every cent and then some.

Can't speek to the GUE tech cards getting gas or access, but I haven't been anywhere that would turn them down.

Not true.

It got me trimix fills in Florida.

detroit diver:
Not true.

It got me trimix fills in Florida.
You got trimix fills with your DIR-f card?

JeffG:
You got trimix fills with your DIR-f card?

That would have been something ,eh??!!!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom