Bungee or cave line in pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just getting ready to put some cave line in my new pockets for connecting all my bolt snaps, etc.. but seems like I had heard that bungee in a loop was a better way to go.

I was considering sewing a piece of cave line across the inside of the flap and tying a 4-6" loop of bungee around it so that it could slide freely to either edge of the pocket.

Anyone have a picture of the best way to sew the bungee loop into a pocket?

I'll hold off till tomorrow before sewing it on cuz I'm off to go diving in a few minutes :)

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
I was just getting ready to put some cave line in my new pockets for connecting all my bolt snaps, etc.. but seems like I had heard that bungee in a loop was a better way to go.

I was considering sewing a piece of cave line across the inside of the flap and tying a 4-6" loop of bungee around it so that it could slide freely to either edge of the pocket.

Anyone have a picture of the best way to sew the bungee loop into a pocket?

I'll hold off till tomorrow before sewing it on cuz I'm off to go diving in a few minutes :)

Aloha, Tim

Burn to small holes into the front of the pocket and tie a loop of thin bungie through each hole. Two loops make it easier to find stuff. I am pretty sure there is a picture of this on the WKPP website. Bungie "hangs" better than cave line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom