what length hose to use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7' looped under my can light. Just like in the book...

Get the 7 footer.

I'm 6' tall and tried the 5 footer, and didn't like it at all. The 7 gives you more options on routing, streamlining, and OOA, IMO.

i'm 5'10" and use a 6 footer. i wouldn't use anything shorter, the 6 foot hose feels just about perfect.

I agree with lamont... I'm only 5'5"... the 5ft hose was way too short. Using a 6ft for my Pioneer. You should get the 7ft.

I don't have a light canister... I just stuff the hose in my BC waist belt.

I'm 5'11'' and use a 7 ft. hose. Tried the 5 and found it to be a bit too short...

Flamebug818:
hi i have am 6' 2" and have a pioneer bc and was wondering what length of hose to use for my pimary reg? 5 or 7 ft. Thanks

I am 5'7" and use a 5' hose, which just works out for me, but I would not want it to any shorter. And it probably would be too short for you. At 6' it would probably drape across your chest, and there wound not be enough hose to significantly fall away from you body. But at 7' you would have to tuck it under a canister or knife.

yeah, go for the seven

Flamebug818:
hi i have am 6' 2" and have a pioneer bc and was wondering what length of hose to use for my pimary reg? 5 or 7 ft. Thanks

A five foot hose goes under your arm so chest size affects this more than anything. But, A 7' hose fits anyone. As others have said, 7' is probably the better way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom