any suggested spots in San Juans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just wondering if anybody had any favorite spots in the San Juans that they would like to share? :)

Kayla:)

brrn there, have not been diving there, will have to try it out!! thanks for the reminder of the spot!:)

Kayla:)

Kayla... its all good... just gotta watch the currents... but your Dad will be with you right? And I'll bet he knows where all the good spots are. And why haven't you been in school during the days?

Don't do Deception Pass yet... wait until you are certified... and have a bunch of dives under your weight belt....

Do dive Washington Park & Skyline in Anacortes when your dad thinks you are ready....

The bottome of Lopez Island is great if you have a boat... Swirl Island is cool as is Iceberg Point....

Cone Islands are fun as is Viti Rocks but this gets deep very fast... better wait....

Anacortes Dive shop will take you to Keystone Jetty... it's not the San Juans but it is a great dive anyway...

I know in one of my other posts I suggested Keystone (it is kind of a staple of Puget sound dives) but to be honest it really isn't that exciting of a dive. It mostly consists of diving along a breakwater and most of the ling I have seen there are rather small. Under the pilings is better but I don't know if it is all that hot. If you do go just be careful if you go past the end of the jetty and/or pay close attention to currents.

I do have the advantage of diving from the boat most of the time so I get spoiled as to the places to dive and not having to deal with limited access points to the water.

Old thread, but did you end up doing any dives around Lopez? I was just out there with a buddy last weekend and found some good and some not-so-good spots.

Back
Top Bottom