Sea Rovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pgdive

Contributor
Reaction score
What did everybody that went to Sea Rovers think about the show? There appeared to be a pretty good turn out, especially on Saturday. I think people are more than ready for the local dive season to start after the winter that we have had.

Paul

It was a good show, and I really enjoyed the presentations I went to, although there were a few cancellations that disappointed me. The booths were really good this year too, with a nice balance of offerings for divers of all interest levels. Not much LDS representation, but that's probably a good thing for those of you who did show.

I'm definately fired up for the coming season!

I went Saturday and Saturday night. Some of the "smaller" presentations were better than the big ones, I thought. The one on Guantanamo was cool.

I really enjoyed the ones on using video to survey Sea Scallop population density, and on Stellwagen Bank shipwreck research (a personal interest), but I mostly steered clear of the crowded "look at the cool dive site" seminars. The one about Deep Sea Detectives was cool too... making a weekly tv show underwater has some interesting challenges.

I liked "Rapid Change Artists" on camoflage of octopi & cuttlefish.

It was an interesting show...I was able to put a few faces with some names as well. I thought the most interesting presentation of the whole show was Heather Knowles & Dave Caldwell's presentation on shipwreck research in the dumping grounds. I was also only there on Saturday.

I really liked Dave and Heather's presentation and I drooled all over that helm. I also saw a good presentation on dive accidents and hyperbaric chambers by the doc that admitted Chrissy Rouse.

Aaron, I didn't see you there. Did you see me, no hello?

I didn't see you John, but I had lunch with Soggy, Notabob, and... uh... crap, I forget the dude's name.

MASS-Diver:
Aaron, I didn't see you there. Did you see me, no hello?

I didn't see you, either. I sitting 3rd row right near the center. I was there all day Saturday, mostly either at the Halcyon booth or the MWDC booth. Sorry we missed each other!

When are you diving again?

Back
Top Bottom