Dive Punta Canta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luv2dive

Reaction score
I just ran across some great specials for all-inclusive 7-day vacations to Punta Canta. Has anyone been there recently? Whats the diving and the island like?

I went there about 2 years ago and had a great time. One of the best bargains ever! There weren't many Americans, mostly Europeans, but Punta Cana has been trying to market more towards Americans.

The beaches were great and the hotel staff was great as well. We did not get to go out of the hotel complex much so I didn't have an opportunity to mingle with the locals. It wasn't recommended outside the complex at night because of safety concerns

I went there before I was certified and didn't see too much scuba activity, but I think things have changed over the last two years. I did go snorkeling off of jetski tour of the reefs and they were fairly healthy. This was the only time I left the hotel complex.

Some people I know recently went to Punta Cana and didn’t like it so much because of where they were staying. I stayed at the Rio Palace and it was great. A top-notch hotel/resort and a steal.

I would love to go to Punta Cana again someday and I would defiantly take my scuba gear with me when I do. Hopefully it will remain a little "quiet" for the obnoxious Americans and remain unspoiled.

I highly recommend it, if you stay at the right hotels. This was two years ago though. I think a lot has changed.

Had some friends just come back from Punta Cana, the diving was pretty tough due to high swells but they said the reefs were very pretty and the dive operator was very good you just needed a strong stomach for the boat ride, that was in early March the seas may have laid down by now. As for the island i lived there for 1 year and have always liked it and the people are great, you do have to be careful at night in some areas and always be aware of ripoffs and scams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom