Verde Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozzy37

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I'll be on Verde Island next weekend - can you recommend a good dive shop and good dive sites? Thanks!

Hi Oz,

To my knowledge the only dive shop will be at the only resort on Verde Island, named Verde Island Resort oddly enough. Here's a link to their website: http://www.verde-island.com/

Most people dive Verde from either Puerto Galera or Anilao, its day trips from both. Takes about :45 mins from PG, would guess Anilao is about the same. This time of year the winds can blow against you and it can be a bit choppy getting there.

The best known dive site is St. Agapito, aka The Drop Off, aka The Pinnacles. Its a great wall dive but can have some serious currents.

Hope this helps.

Drew

ozzy37:
Hi Everyone
I'll be on Verde Island next weekend - can you recommend a good dive shop and good dive sites? Thanks!

San Agapito's the place. Current can be tricky.

verde island resort's facilities are nice. food could use some improvements though.

ozzy37:
Hi Everyone
I dove twice the Drop Off/Pinacle at Verde Island last week.Very strong current at the side of the wall facing the open sea.Have to hold on to a coral and turn back.Also experice down current but not too strong to drag me down.I first notice it when i saw my bubbles streaming downwards.The dives at the Pinacles are worth it due to its healthy wall and corals,and marne life.Last week viz must be over a 100 feet.No big pelagic but the nudis there are huge,and a few seen in pairs.This site is for experience divers only,due to the strong currents.Most people dive from Anilao and PG.I heard its very boring to stay at the resort.Most people like me prefer to stay at PG and take a 45 to 60 minutes boat ride there to dive.Fredi.

Back
Top Bottom