Philippines diving 3/22-3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chilipino

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is anyone on here going to be in the PI during that time? I'm looking around for dive spot suggestions for that week (I'll go anywhere). Anyone know of a good buddy community/dive club that would entertain the thought of showing an out-of-towner the local dive scene?

Cold-water DIR-F from Monterey is itching to snap photos in warm water :)

.mike

chilipino:
Is anyone on here going to be in the PI during that time? I'm looking around for dive spot suggestions for that week (I'll go anywhere). Anyone know of a good buddy community/dive club that would entertain the thought of showing an out-of-towner the local dive scene?

.mike

We're diving on March 23 to 26, 05 at anilao, batangas with a possible cross channel dive at puerto galera. Our PADI Course Director Hernel and his wife Joy Castillo, PADI IDC will be leading the dive group. You may visit their website and contact them if you want to join. divenetphil.com or info@divenetphil.com.

caloy

Caloy,

Thanks for the offer. I'll definitely look into that. Right now I have "tentative" reservations at El Galleon resort in PG from 22-25. Through my GUE instructor here in Monterey, CA, I have some contacts at AsiaDivers. If that falls through I'll check out divenetphil.com. Thanks for the info!

.mike

clgsamson:
We're diving on March 23 to 26, 05 at anilao, batangas with a possible cross channel dive at puerto galera. Our PADI Course Director Hernel and his wife Joy Castillo, PADI IDC will be leading the dive group. You may visit their website and contact them if you want to join. divenetphil.com or info@divenetphil.com.

caloy

chilipino:

.mike

Mike, I highly recommend Captain Greggs at Sabang, Puerto Gallera. Owner is Chuck Driver, he's an Aussie, will certainly make you feel welcome. Average boat ride is 5 minutes, world class diving. Try to stay over the weekend, there is a hash run on Sunday, starts at Captain Greggs at 4 pm, social event of the week. You will meet nice people from all over the world.

If you need an email address for Captain Greggs let me know, they also have rooms and one of the best restuarants in PG.

Greg

Hey Greg,
What's a hash run? Just curious.

A hash run is really a social event, they lay out a course for you to either run or walk, usually takes two hours or so of hiking throught the countryside, at the end you all meet up and sing dumb rugby songs and drink beer. You pay 200 pesos or so to enter, and at the end of the hash you can drink all the beer that you like. This event has been going on since 1937 or so, there are 1000s of "hash clubs" around the world. Really something that has to be experienced in person to appreciate.

chilipino:
Caloy,

Thanks for the offer. I'll definitely look into that. Right now I have "tentative" reservations at El Galleon resort in PG from 22-25. Through my GUE instructor here in Monterey, CA, I have some contacts at AsiaDivers. If that falls through I'll check out divenetphil.com. Thanks for the info!

.mike

Mike,

I just came back from the Philippines (Galera, Anilao) and had a great time, I stayed at Atlantis in Galera but I spent alot of time in El Galleon and see no issue with either. El Galleon is a little further away from Sabang enough to have a buffer from the other happenings of Sabang...
I have a suspicion I may know your GUE instructor and spent some time with him there, PM me if you like.
I also spent some time at TechAsia an affiliate of AsiaDivers and found them to be freindly and professional they are both in Small La Laguna Beach which is where El Galleon is, you won't be disappointed!

Cheers

chilipino:
Caloy,

.mike
You will find the instructors from Dive Asia at El Galleon very helpful in showing you around some nice dive sites.I was there for a week last week and did 16 dives with them.Make sure you do a trip with them to Verde island!Good luck.Fredi.

Fredi:
You will find the instructors from Dive Asia at El Galleon very helpful in showing you around some nice dive sites.I was there for a week last week and did 16 dives with them.Make sure you do a trip with them to Verde island!Good luck.Fredi.

Fredi,

Thank you for the useful information. I can't wait. I'm practically "checked out" mentally here at work... *counts days*

.mike

aquarius:
Mike,

I just came back from the Philippines (Galera, Anilao) and had a great time, I stayed at Atlantis in Galera but I spent alot of time in El Galleon and see no issue with either. El Galleon is a little further away from Sabang enough to have a buffer from the other happenings of Sabang...
I have a suspicion I may know your GUE instructor and spent some time with him there, PM me if you like.
I also spent some time at TechAsia an affiliate of AsiaDivers and found them to be freindly and professional they are both in Small La Laguna Beach which is where El Galleon is, you won't be disappointed!

Cheers

Vincent,

Great to hear you had a good time. My plan is definitely to dive with TechAsia. Unfortunately, the GUE instructor is going to be exploring some caves that week that I'll be there. Ah well. Thanks for the endorsement of TechAsia/AsiaDivers/El Galleon. It's making me feel even more anxious to get this vacation started :p

.mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom