Tuesday March 8th weigh in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far_X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Finally I can write that I have lost a couple of pounds again. I am down to 171lbs but have come to the realisation that swimming alone does not maintain my weight. I swim 100 lengths of a 25m pool about five times a week and that does not help burn off the calories I eat. So now know that my swimming has become more efficient the fitter I have got that I have got to up my aerobic activity so I have bought a bike trainer and sit on my bike watching MTV after half an hour on my gazelle - this will be done most mornings instead of swimming and drop swimming to twice a week. Hopefully that should see me reach my elusive target.

I can't say I did too well. I had a gain 2.0 back again. Not to make any excuses but I had a bummer of a week last week. I had a sinus infection that led to laryngitis of the worst case. I felt like when I coughed my voice box was having spasms. To top it off because of this I had to cancel my dive trip. My doctor advised against it.

Of course I was feeling much better by Saturday and sure did miss being on the liveaboard in the Bahamas again. But, discretion being what it is I know I made the correct choice. I will be having my thyroid surgery two weeks from yesterday so I need to stay as healthy as possible.

I am on a long, really long surface interval. I can't dive again until June. This is the longest I have gone since I certified. I hate it.

Hope that once this surgery is over I can get back to my old self, minus that pesky thyroid goiter. I want to get on with losing weight, to get back to exercise and diving.

Will keep you posted on how things are going.

Oh no, Cindy, that's just too bad. I hope you recover quickly after surgery and that June comes around soon. (Not too quick as I don't want my two weeks in Bonaire to fly by!!) Long surface intervals suck but at least they are an interval which means they exist between dives and that you will dive again! :)

Seaangel,
I'm really sorry that you had to cancel your dive trip! I know you were really looking forward to going. That bites. I can commiserate with being sick, but I don't have to face thyroid surgery. You are really brave, girl. I will certainly pray for your quick recovery and that you will be completely healed. Your best diving days are yet to come!

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom