If you had one dive to do in Nova-Scotia...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E Rick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, i will travel to Nova-scotia for one week this summer. I will only have one day to dive. I am asking you this question: If you have one day for diving in N-S. Where i sould go????

Thank's!!

Merci!

I like dive spots where i can find critters... I dont want to dive deeper than 100 fsw. If it is possible to dive on wreck (no penetration) it would be great!!!! I need a place where a can find a buddy... If is is possible in the Cape-Breton area....!

Thank's!!!

Your best choice for dives would be the Arrow in Cape Breton off Isle Madame or the Saguenay in Lunenburg.
The Arrow is an oil tanker that hit Cerberus Rock in 1970. It split in two causing the worst oil spill in Atlantic Canada. The Stern was towed in towards land when it sank so there is some distance between the two sections. The stern lies in about 85fsw to the sand and 30fsw to the highest point of the wreck. It is starting to break up but is still a pretty dive and good photo ops. There is always some marine life in the area.
The Saguenay was sunk as a marine park in the 1990's. It was a Canadian warship. Before it was sunk it was striped of its guns. It is intact and it's depth maxes around 100fsw. Great photo ops here as well.
If you have more questions let me know. I can send you some pictures of both wrecks. If you need assistance in getting hooked up with charters and lodging then I can see what I can do for you.
Cheers
Jason
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/EC_Divers/

Thank's Jason. It looks very interesting!!!

Rick

E Rick:
Thank's Jason. It looks very interesting!!!

Rick

You can always check out the Nervous Wrecks dive club in Sydney, we have a very full schedule and everyone is welcome. There is a fantastic dive on a wreck at Grand Narrows, it's 70 ft. max, lots of marine life, and a unique wreck. For pix and more about diving here and our club, see:

http://www.geocities.com/cbdive1/wrecks.html
www.capebretondiving.net

If you need more info, PM me.

Tank's Nehallenia. I fond Grand Narrow on a map... It is inland. Is that SW or FW???

E Rick:
Tank's Nehallenia. I fond Grand Narrow on a map... It is inland. Is that SW or FW???

It is part of the Bras d'Or Lakes, and therefore salt water. It is warmer than the ocean, though. I have a dive recorded from Aug. 8/04 with bottom temp at Grand Narrows as 20 C. Saw two huge lobster, plus the usual crowds of cunner, a few flounder - the wreck is covered in anemones and the bridge pilings are plastered with blue mussels. Every one of my dive records for that site says "loads of marine life". It is a favourite dive for most of the club divers.

Back
Top Bottom