any news on new wreck found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
anyone here hear anything new on the new wreck found 30 miles north of Sarnia? I am not talking about the Wexford found about 3-5 years ago, I am talking about the one found 3 weeks ago. All I got is that it was one of the famous Great Lakes storm of the century1913 wrecks. I have no other info.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dtx/stm_1913.htm

I've heard of a number (2-3) wrecks being found up that way -- but at the moment, it's sort of "hush hush". They're being kept quiet for a few reasons
  • they want surveys done of them so there is a chance of preserving the wrecks and all the artefacts on them
  • they are deep - maybe not beyond the 130ft mark - but close to it

If I hear of any more details - that can be shared, I'll let you know.

I was over in Clinton Township MI at a lds and while buying a tank and talking scuba talk the lds operator told me that he had been on the Wexford twice and the second time he was on it some of the tools that were on her from the time she sank had been stolen. What a shame, I haven't even seen her yet and I am already losing out. I heard she was a good dive too.:upset:
I wish I would have got to see the wreck with out thieves getting to it.

Originally posted by o2diver
DG if you have any more info, like names could you please share..
Thanks
:D

Don't have much more than they were found, and things being kept quiet. Will be seeing "the source" who told me in a couple of weeks, so I'll be asking then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom