PG 3/22-3/25 anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chilipino

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is anyone here going to be diving in PG 3/22-3/25? I'll be diving with AsiaDivers and staying at El Galleon. Would be cool to meet up with fellow scubaboarders if anyone will be in the area that time.

Also, I'll be taking a wide-angle lens and a macro lens with me. Which do you think would get used the most and at which sites? Thanks much.

.mike

will most probably be jus tin anilao

wide angle at fishbowl / canyons

macro anywhere else

:eek:)

chilipino:
Is anyone here going to be diving in PG 3/22-3/25? I'll be diving with AsiaDivers and staying at El Galleon. Would be cool to meet up with fellow scubaboarders if anyone will be in the area that time.

Also, I'll be taking a wide-angle lens and a macro lens with me. Which do you think would get used the most and at which sites? Thanks much.

.mike

Chilipino,

I'll be in PG for Holy Week, and I'll be diving at Asia Divers' sister shop Tech Asia just down the beach from El Galleon. Also will be hanging around EG and The Point bar. Ask just any of the staff if Drew is around, most of them know me. Otherwise look for a guy that looks a bit like my avatar (see my profile).

Drew

Chilipino,

Also, would agree with Shugar about using macro everywhere but Canyons and Fishbowl. Macro is great on Sinandigan (lots of nudibranchs), the sea grass in Sabang Bay (just be careful that lump may actually be a used nappy), and just about every other dive. I hear The Hill has Mandarin fish now and there are also always pygmy seashorses hanging around somewhere, just ask your guide to find them.

Don't get your hopes up, in fact I think it was a one in a lifetime kind of thing, but a huge sunfish (aka Mola Mola) was seen by several groups of divers at the Dry Dock about a month ago. Might want to take your wide angle if you do that dive.

Let's definitely get together in the Point, I'm normally there around 6:00-7:00 (and some times a lot later).

Cheers,
Drew

Cool. I'll look you up. I plan to dive with Tech Asia also (DIR-F'd in Monterey). I've been emailing with Martin Lorenzo and Dave Ross. May we could hook up for a dive or two if you are in need of a buddy. Cheers.

.mike

happybuddha:
Chilipino,

I'll be in PG for Holy Week, and I'll be diving at Asia Divers' sister shop Tech Asia just down the beach from El Galleon. Also will be hanging around EG and The Point bar. Ask just any of the staff if Drew is around, most of them know me. Otherwise look for a guy that looks a bit like my avatar (see my profile).

Drew

Thanks for the shooting tips. I'll be bringing a 100 mm macro and a 10-22 wide-angle. Nudibranchs, mandarins, and pygmys are definitely on my shoot list. I'll catch you at the bar and have a San Mig or three :)

Here in Monterey, we get Mola Mola yearly. Unfortunately, I haven't seen one yet but I have some dive buddies who have seen many. I would not be sad if I did see one :)

.mike

happybuddha:
Chilipino,

Also, would agree with Shugar about using macro everywhere but Canyons and Fishbowl. Macro is great on Sinandigan (lots of nudibranchs), the sea grass in Sabang Bay (just be careful that lump may actually be a used nappy), and just about every other dive. I hear The Hill has Mandarin fish now and there are also always pygmy seashorses hanging around somewhere, just ask your guide to find them.

Don't get your hopes up, in fact I think it was a one in a lifetime kind of thing, but a huge sunfish (aka Mola Mola) was seen by several groups of divers at the Dry Dock about a month ago. Might want to take your wide angle if you do that dive.

Let's definitely get together in the Point, I'm normally there around 6:00-7:00 (and some times a lot later).

Cheers,
Drew

Hi Chilipino,

My plans have changed a little, I'll be arriving evening of 3/23 now so will only be diving on 3/24. If you will be with Martin and Dave we are sure to run into each other. From what I've heard from Dave, should be a good group diving Holy Week.

See you next week.

Drew

chilipino:

.mike

If you don't mind me asking, what type of camera and rig are you using underwater?

chilipino:

.mike
I just returned from El Galleon after a week of diving with Asiadiver last week.Great place and nice set up.Very cool group of instructors.PG is famous for its macro fotography.Lots of nudis,seahorses, and other smaill stuff,especially at Verde Island.Just watch out for some currents there but bring your macro lens along.The nudis there are giant size!!Also don't miss a nite dive at Sabang Wrecks.Best dnite dive site at PG.You'll see school of mini catfish,dwarf cuttlefish,hermitcrabs,stargazers and big lionfish on the wrecks,and sand.Please send my regards to Lisa,Ellis,Sam,Jimmy and the rest of the instructors!They are a nice and crazy bunch of people.Goodluck.Fredi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom