comfortable masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I see a lot of info about the best masks as to fit, filed of view, no leaks. But what about the softness / fit of the skirts? What are the recommendations for the most confortable silicon skirts?
I have some nice masks that fit all the important criterior except one: they are uncomfortable to wear for long periods.

Help!

Bead head, and big cheeks. I also wear a beard. I find the Cressi Big Eyes quite comfortable. For some reason the X-Vision doesnt fit.

try Zeagle masks. The Ebon I just bought (my second Zeagle mask) is very soft

making sure it fits your face properly is going to be more important than skirt material. You need to try as many as you can until you find one that fits. I'm exactly the opposite of BIGSAGE136. The big eyes didn't fit me very well and I love the X-vision.

Why is it uncomfortable? Is it rubbing under your nose? hitting you in the forhead? Figure out why it's not comfortable and then go from there.

I have the luxury of visiting Leisurepro since its near my apartment in Manhattan. I tried on about 20 masks before I settled on the Zeagle. I did like the SP frameless. It was a finalist, Lol.

menemsha43:
I have the luxury of visiting Leisurepro since its near my apartment in Manhattan. I tried on about 20 masks before I settled on the Zeagle. I did like the SP frameless. It was a finalist, Lol.

That's cool! You can honestly say that Leisure Pro is your LDS! :)

Hi,

My girlfriend has the Mares X Vison and I would have to say that it has softer skirts then my Cressi Lince & Tusa Viewtrek but the one with the softest skirt and darn good fit is the Poseidon 3D.

The softest skirt I have ever tried.

SangP

I can't tell a difference in skirt softness between any of the four masks I own. On the other hand, there is a definite difference in how fast they fill up - but I'm not getting rid of the moustache.

Back
Top Bottom