Diving In Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba BRUCE

Reaction score
Hi
I Know Somebody Out There Has Dove In Jamaica, I Am Going Out There July 7th
For A Wedding Can Anybody Tell Me Some Good Sites From Shore. My Package Deal Only Includes 2 Dives A Day From A Boat. Might Like To Do A Night Dive From Shore Please Let Me Know

scuba BRUCE:
Hi
I Know Somebody Out There Has Dove In Jamaica, I Am Going Out There July 7th
For A Wedding Can Anybody Tell Me Some Good Sites From Shore. My Package Deal Only Includes 2 Dives A Day From A Boat. Might Like To Do A Night Dive From Shore Please Let Me Know

Where in Jamaica and what resort are you staying at. If you are staying at a Super Clubs resort it is highly unlikely they will allow you to shore dive with their equipment. I stayed at one of their resorts in Runaway Bay and they did not allow shore diving. That said, the boat divers were pretty good. Not the best, but good. Not to mention the boat crews were great. The night dives were $40 and well worth it, better than the daytime dives.

jayrobb:
Where in Jamaica and what resort are you staying at. If you are staying at a Super Clubs resort it is highly unlikely they will allow you to shore dive with their equipment. I stayed at one of their resorts in Runaway Bay and they did not allow shore diving. That said, the boat divers were pretty good. Not the best, but good. Not to mention the boat crews were great. The night dives were $40 and well worth it, better than the daytime dives.

I WILL BE STAYING AT THE SANDELS DUNN RIVER RESORT

scuba BRUCE:
I WILL BE STAYING AT THE SANDELS DUNN RIVER RESORT

I don't think there is much in diving in the Dunns River area from the shore.
I also doubt that Sandals will let you do shore dives at random. Their diving is pretty structured and beginner level via boats.....

While I was told the diving wasn't that great in Jamacia, overall it wasn't that bad. But we didn't dive in the Ocho Rios area (where Dunns River is) because the vis was so bad. The water is much clearer in Negril area.

The falls are pretty neat to climb though. Go on the tour through your resort. Take an old pair of shoes that can get wet to climb in and a disposable camera. Also take some cash for a tip for your guide and for the flea market and drinks.

mike_s:
I don't think there is much in diving in the Dunns River area from the shore.
I also doubt that Sandals will let you do shore dives at random. Their diving is pretty structured and beginner level via boats.....

While I was told the diving wasn't that great in Jamacia, overall it wasn't that bad. But we didn't dive in the Ocho Rios area (where Dunns River is) because the vis was so bad. The water is much clearer in Negril area.

The falls are pretty neat to climb though. Go on the tour through your resort. Take an old pair of shoes that can get wet to climb in and a disposable camera. Also take some cash for a tip for your guide and for the flea market and drinks.

WELL THANKS FOR THE INFO, AS FAR AS VIS ANY THING OVER 20' I WILL BE OVER JOYED I LIVE IN CT AND DO MOST OF MY DIVING IN RI VIS CAN BE FROM 2' TO 20' ON GOOD DAYS THIS WILL BE MY FIRST DIVEING OUT SIDE OF CT OR RI

Bruce, I was just in Ocho Rios. I did not dive there but did snorkel. I was very pleasently surprised how good it was. Here's a link to some pictures from there. Ocho Rios is down the thread a ways.

Pictures

Cecil,

Your pix are great. Where did you snorkel in Ocho Rios exactly? I will be there and Grand Cayman in mid-April and have not heard many good comments. Am looking for the best possible snorkel/dive experience given the conditions.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom