Scallops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
On CAD charter page, states due to the lack of Scallops, they have discontinued Scallop trips for the rest of the season.

Wasn't sure if this note was for Sept - Jan or upcoming charters March onward. Where did the Scallops go??

reefseal:
On CAD charter page, states due to the lack of Scallops, they have discontinued Scallop trips for the rest of the season.

Wasn't sure if this note was for Sept - Jan or upcoming charters March onward. Where did the Scallops go??
That quote was for this past Fall. Seems they had a bad run and decided it wasn't worth going for them anymore. I know this personally since I was booked on a scallop dive that got cancelled. But scalloping is always an iffy situation and you never know whether you hit the jackpot or not. Fear not...they will be there this season...and I can't wait. I know alot of guys here like to go for lobster, but give me scallops anyday!

reefseal:

Hey Luis....why did I know that when I saw a post about scallops it would be you that had posted it....lmao.....

Once the damn snow stops....lets go out for some more! I'm outfitting my boat with a tank rack off the stern and a little bigger swim platform to make it a better dive boat for this season!

John C.

According to the Sea Rovers presentation on Scallop population surveys I went to, there are more scallops in MA waters now than there ever have been. Off Nantucket, a research dragger in one exclusion zone were able to fill a drag net in 10 minutes while the engine was disengaged!

jchaplain:
Hey Luis....why did I know that when I saw a post about scallops it would be you that had posted it....lmao.....

Once the damn snow stops....lets go out for some more! I'm outfitting my boat with a tank rack off the stern and a little bigger swim platform to make it a better dive boat for this season!

John C.

john that sounds cool ...... you have a nice boat .... the tank rack and platform will be nice .... if you need any help let me know ..... looking forward to diving with you again this year ....

Gabe

They do move around a bit but I....I mean my "friend" went a couple weeks ago and got a bunch :wink:

jchaplain:

John C.

We need to get together soon. I took the cruise last week with kids. Remember, you hooked me up with cruise travel outlets. We did NCL Sun out of Miami in Western Caribe.

Back
Top Bottom