Cheap accommodation at Dauin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wipeout26

Reaction score
Just wondeing if anyone know of a cheap accommodation at at Dauin, Negros.. south of Dumaguete? Or if anyone knows of a cheap dive operator at Dauin?

Cheers,
Simon

wipeout26:
Just wondeing if anyone know of a cheap accommodation at at Dauin, Negros.. south of Dumaguete? Or if anyone knows of a cheap dive operator at Dauin?

Cheers,
Simon

.....is at the coast in Dauin just south of Duma (20 min busride) if I recall correctly? Just get out at the main road and walk the road to the coast through town - but remote place, maybe 5 minutes walk. Their bungalows I found a bit pricey at the time at around pesos 1000 but resort is nice with pool and seaside restaurant etc, maybe even a bit more, but I managed to negotiate pesos 300 for a room somewhere in the front where the staff slept as well, near the washing area and the garden. Good enough for my purposes - was diving at Apo Isl during the day anyway. Pretty sure it was in the Atlantis - it was the resort where the Swiss guy who runs Sea Explores lives. Don't skip the Pier in Duma for diving - mandarin fish!

Enjoy - Arjan, Amsterdam, NL.

Heard the pier is close for divers... not sure if it's the Pier in Duma.

not the pier in duma, but the pier in... damn, what's the name of that place?... it's not the city pier (w/c is very commercial) but i think the one in zamboanguita... w/c is not heavily used...

friend of mine dove it a couple of months ago... amazing macro life!

Jag

PS
i'd reco bahura resort but it's not a "budget" place... i love diving apo...

apparently offers cheap accomodation in dauin.

The way to find out is to call PURA VIDA RESORT the SEA-EXPLORERS operation and ask them. I believe puerta cita offers non air con rooms or huts and much cheaper than the resorts in the area. If you are like me, and wish to dive in the area but the resorts are quite pricey so its either dive or stay the resorts, not both, then you may be interested to persue this place.

Best of luck.

By the way, I'm a new member to the forum, so HELLO!!!

If you are looking for cheap accomdation stay in Dumaguete and dive with us. We are a local dive shop we have trips everyday to dauin and Apo Island. You can make 2-3 dives and come back the same day. Email me.

wipeout26:

Cheers,
Simon

You can stay at Han's and Ninita's in Malatapay or puerta cita in Dauin and we can take care of you diving email me for the rates.

I agree I stayed at Han's and Ninita's in June of 2004, simple, but cozy and nice and the food was good, on Wed. be sure to walk down to the live market, you can't miss it, with all the live music and food. I always pick up a kilo of coffee beans for some ridiculous price (90 pesos a kilo) and take them back to the states.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom