Lobster Permit can i get one ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabriel90512

Reaction score
Non-Commercial Lobster Permit - application - online renewal
is required to fish for or take lobsters and crabs for personal use. This authorizes the holder and members of the holders' immediate family, residing in the same residence, to fish for and take lobsters using 10-pots only. The immediate family is defined as the spouse, parents, children, grandparents, brothers and sisters of the holder. This permit may be endorsed for diving by the permit holder only. Other family members may purchase dditional permits for diving only. Non-residents may obtain this permit if they own at least $5,000 in Massachusetts real-estate, and temporarily reside in a Massachusetts coastal city or town.

here is my ? i dont own any real-estate but i have been living here for 5 yerars
vote here and work and live here ..... but I rent ...
so can I not get a permit ?

Thanks
Gabe

Yes Gabe!!!

You are a resident of the state. Just bring your drivers license, or some other proof that you reside in this state. (Bills, copy of your lease, etc.) I think you can only renew your permit online. You have to visit or mail applications to the Division of Marine Fisheries of a new permit.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/commercialfishing/lic_ndx.htm

The owning property clause is for people that now live out of state, but still own property in the state of Massachusetts. This enables them to still keep a lobster permit.

Happy Lobstering......

----
Dive Angry

Gabriel90512:
Non-Commercial Lobster Permit - application - online renewal
is required to fish for or take lobsters and crabs for personal use. This authorizes the holder and members of the holders' immediate family, residing in the same residence, to fish for and take lobsters using 10-pots only. The immediate family is defined as the spouse, parents, children, grandparents, brothers and sisters of the holder. This permit may be endorsed for diving by the permit holder only. Other family members may purchase dditional permits for diving only. Non-residents may obtain this permit if they own at least $5,000 in Massachusetts real-estate, and temporarily reside in a Massachusetts coastal city or town.

here is my ? i dont own any real-estate but i have been living here for 5 yerars
vote here and work and live here ..... but I rent ...
so can I not get a permit ?

Thanks
Gabe

Family members who dive for lobsters still need their own license. I had to get one for my son since he sometimes he dives without me.

TT :wink:

Only if he lands his own lobster...my wife never does...:wink:

Gabe,
You can get your lobster license online at the link DiveAngry put in his message. You don't have to go there in person. I did that last year.
John C.

thought that was just online permit renewals? can you send the specific link for new non-comercial lobster licenses?

What's up guys? Been busy skiing...not much diving.

You can get a new one online as John C. said...i did that last year....i've got to renew mine pretty soon.

I was curious; has anyone requested a lobi-license number different than the last four digits of their SSN?

Last year I went into Caseway Street to do just that. The result: I still got my last four of my SSN as the license number, plus the bonus of my firstname spelled wrong (and a headache). Maybe online is the way to go!!

Is "Stern" even a real first name?

~stu/steveo/stern

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom