Diving in the St-Lawrence river. Québec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E Rick

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have questions about diving the St-Lawrence??? We have very nice spots like Les Escoumins, Greenlandshark diving ect!!!

E Rick

No yet, just pass my advance this winter... Dont want to dive on the Empress if i am not fully prepared... But you can be sure that i will in 2006!! I am planning to dive the Nipignon this fall... It is a good preparation for the Empress of Ireland...

E Rick

Empress as of the new government regulations requires a class c diver and the appropriate technical cert..

Eric you just might still have alot of time left before doing the empress. Hell most instructors arent prepared to dive the empress yet ! The empress is one of thoose wrecks you need years of training and practice for !

What I have hear about the Empress is if you can dive Deer Island point NB, 40min current window, low viz, down wellings, etc. then you can dive the empress. Deer Island if you don't know if in the Bay of Fundy with a 24ft tide change. Deer Island is the home to the Old Sow Whirle Pool. Was looking to dive the empress this year in september, but looks like I will be waiting until sept. 2006. Trying to change my gear out from use to newer more up to date stuff. But I am still looking for all the information I can get on diving the Empress. Right now I am reading Dark Decent, Fourteen minutes, and the Forgotten Empress to get some insite into her.

Yeah that sounds about like the conditions on the empress except you can have under and upper currents in different directions and vis can go to excellent to horrendous in a couple of minutes.

If you do decide to go out go with Gary K., Dany St-Cyr or Jean-Pierre they are the best and have the most experience!

Thank's for the precisions for the Empress experience... Can you tell me more about the Nipigon??? My knoledge is that i dont need more than an advance level and a buddy with experience on this site...

Merci

That would be the same at deer island. YOu can get current changes every which way.. vis can go from 20ft to 2ft in no time... and if your not careful on your tide times you could end up in east port maine........ Nipigon when did that sink?

I think it was in 2003. I think they talk about it in the book (Dark Descent as well). You do know they sunk that one on purpose, right?

Back
Top Bottom