Any comments on Mares M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

molksmith

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,
I am about to buy my first Dive Computer and my LDS in Vienna is a Mares Dealer.
Anyone have any comments on the M1? good, bad, etc...
I realize it is not a really expensive DC, but I can't afford much more...
So help me out with your thoughts..

D

Molksmith,

I have been using the Mares MC1 (console verion of M1) for 2 years without any problems. Good computer on the conservative side. User changable batteries in a sealed compartment so battery damage will not impact the computer. Compact display with backlight feature and a lot of info.

The computer does take some getting used to with the buttons and menus, but a little practice easily makes perfect. The display is compact so some people claim it's difficult to read. I have not had that problem myself, but I keep the backlight on all the time.

My only issue with the MC1 is the computer download device (optional). It is a little difficult to use. Here is a review that might give you more insight:
http://www.diveoz.com.au/gear_reviews/display_review.asp?rid=22

Other options may be with Suunto, Tusa or Sherwood, depending on your needs and preferences. Good luck with your search and purchase.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

Mares Man,
that was very helpful.
And you helped me make my decision. I am going to get it.
It is the most affordable Dive Computer I can get over here and I like the user-changeable battery feature. (Just have to remember to carry extra with me)

Thanks a lot!!!

Daniel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom