wkpp documentary on Discovery Channel HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustAddWater

Reaction score
Last night, following American Chopper, there was a 20 minute mini-documentary on cave diving with the WKPP. Fascinating....I had no idea that those cave systems are that intriguing. There was also a short interview with George Irvine. The show wasn't listed on the guide, but I know that the channel sometimes loops their programs. If you're interested I hope you catch it.

JustAddWater:
Last night, following American Chopper, there was a 20 minute mini-documentary on cave diving with the WKPP. Fascinating....I had no idea that those cave systems are that intriguing. There was also a short interview with George Irvine. The show wasn't listed on the guide, but I know that the channel sometimes loops their programs. If you're interested I hope you catch it.

Man, I'd love to see that! If you ever hear of it coming up again let us know!

CALI68:
Man, I'd love to see that! If you ever hear of it coming up again let us know!

Me too, be sure to preannouce if you can. On a side note...all the informatioin on the WKPP site is at least a couple of years old, I assume the main players are making too much money from spinnoffs or tv spots... Anyone know who/what the current team is all about?

James Goddard:
Me too, be sure to preannouce if you can. On a side note...all the informatioin on the WKPP site is at least a couple of years old, I assume the main players are making too much money from spinnoffs or tv spots... Anyone know who/what the current team is all about?

PM sent :)

James Goddard:
There hasn't been much updating on the site as there hasn't been much to update. Conditions over the last 3-4 years have been really miserable in the WKP (Woodville Karst Plain). We have had some smaller scale evednts, and are still focusing on exploration and scientific research, working with Hazlett- Kincaid and several of the Florida universitys.

Those Discovery-HD "mini-documentaries" don't have a set flow or anything as far as I've seen. They range from the GI3 "short subject" (that's what D-HD calls them) to information on the Mars planetary probes.

I've seen each of them a few times, and the footage is spectacular. You haven't experienced TV until you've seen it in 720p/1080i (someday 1080p).

I just wish there was more HD programming to go around. DirecTV keeps airing ads that say we'll have many more stations transmitting in HD later this year, but I'll hold off on throwing a party until I see it for myself.

chickdiver:
Conditions over the last 3-4 years have been really miserable in the WKP (Woodville Karst Plain).

Chickdiver,

Is the reduction in conditions a natural phenomenon or human induced?

Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom