This end of lake Erie has hit the magic # 50 degrees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
Western Lake Erie Basin is at 50 degrees thats up 10 degrees from the last time I checked 3 weeks ago. None the less as cold as 50 is that means out with the custom fit 7mm farmer john and in to the water for first check out dive of the year brrr

You want to send some of the hot water this way and warm up the St Lawrence -- friends are still reporting the water in the low 40's!

sorry about your luck up there in the tundra hehehehe. Down here in Canada SOUTH we usually get things kicking sooner then most of the rest of the country. But your immediate local diving is better then the immediate local diving. I'll still take our weather though.

I swear to god it's been cold enough here at night to "re-freeze" Kempenfelt Bay (in Barrie). I've had to dust snow (and ice) off my car a number of times this week.

Forget it... I'm moving to Florida and joining their group...

On second thought... naaaa

Can't wait till it warms up!

John

Put it AWAY?! You mean actually dive WET in TGWN? Are you mad? :wink:

Frankly, we dove year round in our drysuits when we lived in Tranna. But then we dove pretty much all year 'round. Except we didn't do ice diving. But if the water was OPEN, we were in it!

Lets be honest; the water never really warms up past 75F at the surface. And that's gone after the 1st thermocline at about 10', when the temp immediately drops 5-10 degrees... so why bother?

Stay dry. Stay happy. :D

Just my $0.02's worth,

~SubMariner~

Water temperature is a balmy 44.9 degrees this morning in Brockville will try out new drysuit that just arrived today. We are going to do a drift in the Brockville area looking for a wreck that we came across last fall but were unable to identify and couldn't find it again on other attempts. This time we will have a GPS on board the boat in the event we find her again.

Originally posted by Rooster1
sorry about your luck up there in the tundra hehehehe. Down here in Canada SOUTH we usually get things kicking sooner then most of the rest of the country. But your immediate local diving is better then the immediate local diving. I'll still take our weather though.

Dang, I'm heading out soon to help deploy the buoy at the Rothesay, and was hoping that the water would be a bit warmer than 43F

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom