Uwatec Smart Com Altitude Adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am reading through the manual for the Smart Com and the question of it switching on for sensing an altitude change came up. Does this computer automatically switch on for altitude changes? This is important to me because as you can see by my avatar it will change altitude quite often.

Thanks

AggieDad....I also have a smartcom....as I read the manual, I took it as it would change for altitude automatically...sense the change...however I have not played with it above our local field elevation.....BTW...are you a DC-10 Driver....I fly something decidely smaller (C-172RG)....

Ryan

AustinPDDiver:
AggieDad....I also have a smartcom....as I read the manual, I took it as it would change for altitude automatically...sense the change...however I have not played with it above our local field elevation.....BTW...are you a DC-10 Driver....I fly something decidely smaller (C-172RG)....

Ryan

Ryan,
No I fly the MD-11. Take the 10, add lot's of automation, take out the engineer and 36% less tail area and pump lot's of fuel back there for CG control and you have a microwave in a cave. We will have to dive together and fly together sometime soon. Although putting me in a C-172 is scary. My usual approach speeds are in the 160 knot range and I am sitting 22 feet in the air on the ground.

Haven't gotten my computer yet and I am just trying to get ahead by reading the manual. I can just see this thing switching itself on as I climb. My cabin never gets above 8000 feet but it just doesn't make sense for it to turn on automatically. I may be totally wrong.
Dan

I live in a top unit in a mid-highrise...darn smartcom puts me at an elevated altitude when returning home from dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom