Roatan Question...Yet Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok... my wife requires a pool (don't ask), and i can't find any resorts in
Roatan that have a pool listed on their websites.

if you've been to Roatan and seen a hotel/inn/shack with a pool, i'd
appreciate the info.

thanks in advance!

Fantasy Island - Bungalow 7 - Paradise Beach Club - Fuego Del Mar
Keep in mind that water is very hard to come by on the island and all the pools will be SALT WATER - The Yaht club also has one - most of these are small Fiber Glass pools probably 35 X 15 feet - Bungalow 7's pool is probably the biggest. I think there are a couple more - Parot Tree Plantation also has one that probably is the nicests.

But talk her out of the pool thing and come hang out with me at the Inn of Last Resort
I'll be there the whole month of Jully as well as a few weeks here and there....... They have a really pretty Lagoon "if she's going to be swimming in salt water she might as well have some fishes to look at..................................

We did not stay at this place but caught the boat for a dive at Mary's Place from their dock. The place looked OK but the deck around the pool looked like a splinter factory. They were located well back in a "safe harbor" cove so no shore diving w/o some transportation. Careful messing with their spider monkey. He does not want to let you go and return to his tree.

http://www.subwaywatersports.com/Unterkuenfte/brick_bay_resort.htm

We stayed at Fantasy Island two years ago and best I can remember their pool was marginally bigger than my hot tub. I saw no one over 10 years old in it all week. However the bay in front of the resort was great for swimming and sunbathing. A lot better than the diving.

thanks all for the info.... so basically, all the pools are salt-water, right?

as to "talking my wife out of the pool idea" all i have so say is... yeah...
right... and while i'm at it, i'll convince Ashlee Simpson to stop singing

let me put it this way: all my wife does when i dive is lie around the pool, swim,
lie around, swim, repeat ad nauseum. that's like her favorite thing in the world.

then, in the afternoon, we get together and do the sights, hang out, etc.

H2Andy:
thanks all for the info.... so basically, all the pools are salt-water, right?

as to "talking my wife out of the pool idea" all i have so say is... yeah...
right... and while i'm at it, i'll convince Ashlee Simpson to stop singing

let me put it this way: all my wife does when i dive is lie around the pool, swim,
lie around, swim, repeat ad nauseum. that's like her favorite thing in the world.

then, in the afternoon, we get together and do the sights, hang out, etc.

Andy,
If you are going to Roatan, I suggest that her order be spray, lie around, swim, spray, lie around, etc.

This is cut and pasted from their website.

Fantasy Island offers the ultimate of guest comfort and luxury with tastefully decorated air aconditioned rooms, satelite TV, refrigerator, telephone and amenities including a fresh water swimming pool and Roatan,s only lighted tennis courts

so not all pools are saltwater.

We just returned from Roatan two weeks ago. We stayed at the Luna beach Resort near West End and they had a pool. The staff was awesome and we had a great time. The pool seemed to be shaded alot but I have a feeling it is really hot in the summer. They have a Dive Shop and boat. We did about twenty dives in eight days. There were never more than nine people on the boat. Have a great time.
Jim

excellent stuff, everyone. thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom