Roatan info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traer

Reaction score
My husband and I have been certified for years. Nothing hard core just recreational. When our youngest son turned 10, he and our older son got certified. We dove in Akumal. They did great and loved it. We are not into the commercial stuff... I dove in Cozumel 20 years ago when it was a cool little place... can't stomach it now. I am planning on purchasing tickets for Roatan tomorrow. Just land and find some cheap (a little better than tent camping) place to stay. Dive a little and hang out for the week. We are backpacker/camping types... my guys are 13 and 16 now...

Who's been there? How about Native sons dive shop? Hotel Chillies? etc... Good experiences? Bad?

We are pretty low maintenance and laid back.

What ya' think?

Thanks to you all!
Toni

Hey Toni, you need to ask this question in the Central & South America section (near the bottom) You will get a better response..
I am leaving for CoCoView resort/Roatan in 24 days.... yippee...

Have fun and report back...

Have heard alot of good things about these guys - talk to Sandy tell her HowieDean sent you.

Coral Beach Inn and Vacation Rentals
Email:cbeachimm@aol.com

Have only heard good things about Bannarama as a dive op.

I hang out at the Inn of Last Resort about 2 months out of the year - I know you weren't looking for the all inclusive thing - but you might drop them an email and find it might "maybe" be a cheaper way to go.

Native sons is a good operation although they can be a bit crowded at times.Have been diving with them for many years. Chilies sounds like what you are looking for. There are cabinas located in the back and rooms in the main building. Very basic ,but clean ,inexpensive and a good location. Dive operation is on site. If you want to do a 2 tank dive,the only operation in West End that does it is Coconut Tree divers,located about 150 yds from Native sons. The boat is bigger and less crowded. I was very pleased with them also. Most dive shops go on single tank dives and return after each one to load or off load for the next trip. As far as lodging,you may also want to check out Georphis. Again vey basic,but clean and comfy with private baths and hot water.

Check out www.bananaramadive.com we stayed with them and dove with them last year. We did 2 morning dives and an afternoon dive every day. We didn't come back in b/c there were usually enough of us doing both morning dives. We came back to the beach for lunch, then met with the DM's for an afternoon dive. They bought a new boat last year, and we had a blast. They serve breakfast there, so you don't have to worry about that every morning. Cheap place to stay and dive. We got unlimited shore diving also, which was nice as we did our night dives right out on the beach where there is coral. Also, there is a dock right close for a water taxi to West End for shopping and such. We loved it, if you want more info, you can PM me.

I love Native Sons and West End is a fun place, but you all might really like Treasure Hunter Matt- I've looked at their website and been very tempted to go out with them, but I usually have other things on the island I have to be around for. I'm not sure what the website address is, but they have a link on www.roatanet.com ,Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom