Anybody tired the TUSA TRI-EX FINS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am looking to buy new fins and came across these TUSA TRI-EX FIN Fins , Has anybody tired them? Likes/Dislikes??? I am also looking at the Tusa X-Pert Zooms open heal. Just looking for more information.

Thanks

mrsafety66:
I am looking to buy new fins and came across these TUSA TRI-EX FIN Fins , Has anybody tired them? Likes/Dislikes??? I am also looking at the Tusa X-Pert Zooms open heal. Just looking for more information.

Thanks

I haven't tried the Tri-Ex fins, but here's a link to a test review.

http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/fins/fin_fight/3/

I own a pair of the X-Pert Zoom open heal fins. The Zooms are excellent performers, and very cool looking as well. One thing to keep in mind is that the Black ones are a little stiffer than the other colors. So, if that's an issue, choose accordingly.

I also have a pair of Apolo Bio Fin XT Pro C-Series fins with the stainless spring strap that are probably the best performing fins that I've ever used, but that just my opinion. Here's a test link for those, if you're interested.

http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/fins/fin_fight/1/

Hope this helps

I own a pair of the X-Pert Zoom open heal fins. The Zooms are excellent performers, and very cool looking as well. One thing to keep in mind is that the Black ones are a little stiffer than the other colors. So, if that's an issue, choose accordingly.

What is your opinion of the Zooms, i was told that in currents a split fin like that will be hard to produce power- do you find that true, or is it that they don't *FEEL* like they are developing power? i'd like to hear someone actually say, "yes, I got causght in a current and the fins were harder to use than solid fins"
gomi_

gomi_otaku:

What is your opinion of the Zooms, i was told that in currents a split fin like that will be hard to produce power- do you find that true, or is it that they don't *FEEL* like they are developing power? i'd like to hear someone actually say, "yes, I got causght in a current and the fins were harder to use than solid fins"
gomi_

During my last trip to Coz we had to fin hard to get across an open section of about 40 yards due to a shift in the way the reef was growing. We had to swim back against the current at about a 45 degree angle to the flow. Everyone in my group had different fins - some split, some not. We all arrived, more or less, together and our rate of consumption seemed about even at the end of the dive. I didn't really feel that I was at a disadvantage under those circumstances. The bottom line is that it all seems a matter of balance. One type or design might be worse in one situation while another may give you an advange. I believe most split fins to be generally more efficient than regular fins just because of the difference how your body has to use them. Less effort for the same amount of trust is just more efficient. However, regular finz can have their own advantages as well. So, I guess it's down to personal preference. I really like the Zooms, but I love my Bio Fin XT Pro C-Series too. They're not as organic in appearance, but they totally rock in virtually every other area in the water, where it really counts.

Back
Top Bottom